Friday, December 29, 2023

Thursday Thirteen

(Link in meme-roll)
13 Random Things in My Living Room
  1. Four jar candles (one is lit, one is burned out and hasn't made it to recycling yet, the other two are in various stages of use).
  2. Fireplace tools.
  3. Sparky's high school senior photo.
  4. Four clocks (one in my computer, one on the wall, two on the mantle, but to be fair: one of those is tied into the indoor/outdoor thermostat and the other one is unreadable which is appropriate since it was Beast's 25-year 'award' from the company that fired him a couple of years later).
  5. A tube of Aspercreme Sparky consented to using over the weekend because their shoulder was tied up in a giant knot. Between that and the heating pad, the pain eventually went away..
  6. Five blankets. Winter in the northern plains, woo hoo.
  7. Half-empty 3 lb. bag of whole, raw almonds. Snack for my healthy moments.
  8. Heating-pad. See above.
  9. Hemp gummies. Anything for a night when I don't wake up panicking.
  10. Sneakers. If I was sitting on the couch I would be able to see three (?) other pairs of shoes. 
  11. Back-scratcher. I mostly use it for flipping the light switch from the recliner because I'm THAT lazy!
  12. Two cans of pop (one diet coke, one diet DP) though one is empty.
  13. Two box sets of DVDs that have been sitting here for 6+ years that I absolutely need to donate to the library for sale. They are practically or totally unwatched. (Planet of the Apes, and Adam-12).

5 sweet-talkers :

colleen said...

Some things become fixtures whether we need them or not!

CountryDew said...

I have a lot of clocks in my office. Well, three. Two of them aren't working because I need to replace the batteries.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Ha, #11! You’re brilliant!

The Gal Herself said...

Shoes in the living room! That made my mom nuts. To this day I don't know why, but it did. While I'd never buy an Adam 12 DVD, I admit I've gotten a kick out of the random episode when I stumble across it on cable. Martin Milner really had an impressive career, working with everyone from Jack Webb to Orson Welles. He's gone now, but he's one of those people I wish I'd met because I bet he had stories.

Lady In Read said...

such a fun 13.. now i am going to steal this idea for a future 13!! i have many clocks as well in my living room where i am sitting currently.. and four blankets.. plus so much more..
My post is here

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.