Sunday, December 31, 2023

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll) 
I guess I did an older one earlier, somehow, so here's the actual New Year's edition


1. What did you do this year that you had not done before? 
Made decisions at work based on my mental health that look, objectively, like dumb decisions.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?
I don't make resolutions. Any goals this year involve getting a serious vacation that involves leaving my house and sleeping elsewhere.

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or get pregnant
We are in a generational lull: the nieces/nephews seem to be done having kids, and their kids are way too young for procreating. Sparky shows no signs of baby-making behavior to my awareness. Which, thank God. 😜

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness? 
Lots of people living in Beast's facility died. It was a rough summer/fall/winter. Somehow, all the people having cancer treatment I know survived. Sparky had a surprise surgery and a follow-up procedure that I provided chauffeur service for.

5. What places did you visit? 
Home. Work. Sparky. Beast. The occasional stop to go in a Dollar General or a restaurant....

6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing)? 
I will have an office at work, finally, after literally 20 years of waiting.

7. What date from this year will remain etched in your memory and why?
Last February Sparky turned 30 and I immediately aged 2 decades. 

8. What was your biggest achievement this year? 
Not getting fired? 

9. Did you get sick or injured? Anyone you know? 
Didn't we cover this in #4? I'm fine, aside from just doing dumb stuff as always--like walking for 2+ miles on a hike after months of sedentary life, or tripping on stairs. My knees are pretty much always sore and going from sitting to standing has become quite a maneuver.

10. What was the best thing you bought? 
That'll be the furnace. It better be!

11. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, transportation and shelter)? 
Does paying for Beast's care count as shelter? If not, then that @ $7000+/month. Otherwise, the assorted repairs around the house.

12. What song will always remind you of this year? 
I'm not sure I listened to much music except with Beast; they always have music playing. Maybe "Last Christmas" since I'm fairly certain I heard it at least once every time I visited for the last two months.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of? 
Reading. Ignoring Teh Stoopud.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of? 
Engaging with Teh Stoopud, and trying.

15. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to?
I have pretty much only watched football and parades on my TV this year, so we'll skip that. See above re music. I have my Spotify Playlists that I add to (and delete from) that runs from show tunes to a couple of newer artists like Adele and Lizzo.

2 sweet-talkers :

Roger Owen Green said...

I rediscovered the NFL this season. The key: record it and avoid finding out the score. It's SO much faster

Bev Sykes said...

I have started watching 49er games this year. I don't know why I haven't watched them before. My youngest son is a HUGE 49er fan. I discovered I am enjoying watching the games (and I don't feel guilty sitting in a chair watching TV and not doing something productive)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.