Sunday, December 17, 2023

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Wildest Dreams (2014)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?
I just came home from visiting Beast for our Sunday football fest. I stopped at Taco Bell on the way home because my meal schedule is its usual Sunday disaster. 

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)
First of all it's 2:30 p.m. so there's that. Beast is always on my mind in some fashion or another.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?
No because I'm either at work or asleep in a nap at 3:30-4 p.m. My father-in-law always took one night of their regular Maine vacations and video'd/filmed a sunset. So I am the proud owner of decades of sunsets. They aren't that fun to watch.

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?
I've been to Rome twice and would happily go back. However, I would love to see Botswana, though I bet the trip there would just about kill me.

5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?
I haven't had my hair professionally cut (only trimmed occasionally by me) since before September 15, 2017, so I'm not about to start now.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?
I have a lot of blue, and a lot of dark red. And black. Good Lord, I've turned into my sister! ...dammit...

7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?
Jamie Lee Curtis. Carrie Fisher, and sister Joely. Scott Caan. There are some other younger ones but I don't pay that close of attention to this stuff anymore. Oh, Brian Williams' daughter...

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?
Just lightly runny sinuses. It's winter in the upper midwest, it's what happens for the next several months.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life? 
Six? Feels like it ought to be more, but multiple counts keep totalling only six. In contract, Beast can claim at least ten.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.