Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Alec Clayton

1. If there's a personal god, what quality would you most like that person to have (and why)?
This question confuses me. Maybe I'm out of practice on answering questions. I'm going to answer, instead, what is the most important to me quality of God. That is, especially this week, that he is always there, always reliable, always forgiving, always putting up with whatever my current attitude is. That is big.
2. What's your death-row meal?
There would be pasta. Basically a good Italian meal, with wine and cheese and meat and fruit and bread and good dessert, all perfectly cooked.
3. Assuming we make it through this outbreak with minimal loss of life, what do you think our big takeaway should be?
We need to take care of each other.
(but I'm not optimistic in the Big Picture; OTOH, my local community is absolutely wonderful)
4. Whom do you find yourself missing more than you would've predicted?
Well, I dreamed last night about two of my three sisters, which was weird since one of them is dead and the other one I think just shows up, with her husband, to irritate me. In the last month, I've also dreamed about my mom regularly, a first since she died 10 years ago, and holy crap do I miss being able to sit with Beast and kick him into gear!!
5. What brings you the most joy? Not happiness, not contentment -- JOY.
Laughter. Real laughter: silliness, giggling, gut-busting. Doesn't have to be me laughing: watching it on Zoom or YouTube works almost as well.
6. Do you find yourself regretting anything you've said or done on social media?
Only everything.
7. What are your favorite and least favorite things about your body and face?
Least favorite: size. Favorite: its sturdiness, my toes, my hair, my mouth.
8. ...and your life?
Least favorite: Let me count the ways, but the big one is not being able to see (or help) Beast in any way. Favorite: my job, my friends (I'm very lucky), my house.
9. How's the self-isolation affecting your libido?
ha ha ha ha....my husband's been in a nursing home now for over 2 years. What libido?
10. Which three places in the physical universe would you most like to visit?
The Valley of the Kings, all of Australia, Mars.
11. On whom did you have a crush years ago? Have you ever told them?
So many... Some of them know and we laugh about it. Some I'll take to the grave.
12. How have your religious views changed since you were in high school?
I'd like to hope I've gotten kinder and more understanding of others.
13. If you could change one law, what would it be?
Can we just legalize cannabis everywhere in the U.S. for crying out loud! I'm not even going for a big one here, just this.
14. If you could add one commandment to the original ten, what would it be?
"Pull your head out of your ass!"

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Nice to see you meme-ing again! :)

I didn't understand the first question, either.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.