Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Judy at Carnegie Hall (1961)

Song #1: "When You're Smiling." What made you smile this week?
I'm listening to "The Dollop" live in Chicago from last March, which is making me laugh  right now about taking the el to Cleveland.
Song #2: "Almost Like Being in Love." We've all had many crushes, but love is rare. How many times have you fallen in love?
I've fallen in love romantically only a couple of times, but I've fallen in love with every single baby I've ever met. That's a lot.
Song #3: "This Can't Be Love." This Rodgers and Hart song was introduced in the play, The Boys from Syracuse. Syracuse is the county seat of Onondaga County, NY. What county do you hail from?
I was born in Denver County, because the hospital was literally a block from the city boundary.
Song #4: "Do It Again." What's something you'd do again, if only you had the time or money? (A book you'd like to reread, a recipe or pattern you'd like to make again, a vacation destination you'd like to revisit, etc.)
I would love to go back to Russia, this time in the summer or fall, but that is not likely to happen. Too bad; St. Petersburg is lovely.
Song #5: "You Go to My Head." Judy forgets the lyrics, but gamely keeps going. Tell us about a recent moment when you chose to keep going, no matter what.
Every day, every minute. Today was a great example of being very intentional about not driving into a tree on the way back from the nursing home.
Song #6: "Alone Together." Is anyone there with you as you answer these questions, or are you alone?
It's me, the Dollop guys, and any vermin who have moved in for the winter.
Song #7: "Who Cares?" This song was written by brothers George and Ira Gershwin. They had a lesser known brother, stockbroker Arthur. Are you more creative and artistic, like George and Ira? Or more analytical and methodical, like Arthur?
I lean toward Arthur, but part of my job is to think creatively, so... I do that too.
Song #8: "Puttin' on the Ritz." Judy sings that The Ritz is the place in New York "where fashion sits." If we wanted to see everyone "all gussied up" in your town, where would we go?
How in God's green hell would I know? It is not likely to be the library, Dollar General, or the nursing home, where I hang out! :)
Song #9: "How Long Has This Been Going On?" Judy sings about discovering how glorious romance can be. Have you made any new discoveries lately? It doesn't have to be as groundbreaking as Judy's. A new podcast or a faster route to work counts, too.
I just found a new true-crime-slash-comedy podcast called Martinis & Murder yesterday. So far it's good. Also Go Fact Yourself! which is a fun quiz-show podcast. And I'm currently in the middle of one of the Charley Davidson books about to read The Good Chapter. (If you've read her series, you know which chapter I mean...ahem).

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

"... any vermin that have moved in for the winter" made me smile because there's a winged bug in my kitchen that I don't have the guts to kill. I mean, it's been freezing outside. Somehow it got in here (kitchen sink maybe?) and, if not thriving, it's still alive. What the hell. Live and let live, I say.

So I guess The Dollop is a podcast. I'll have to look it up. I'm suddenly into podcasts.

Kwizgiver said...

Ok, you've intrigued me about the podcasts and the books! Off to google!

R's Rue said...

Enjoyed this.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.