Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Thought Provoking Questions
These are questions suggested by Markandangel

If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?
Hell no! I'll be taking advice from this source, not polluting it with my stupidity!
What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
Self-awareness.
What are you most grateful for?
Small moments of joy and painlessness.
Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
Nope.
What do you want most?
Peace.
Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I tend toward doing things right as often as possible; I need to pay more attention to doing the right things regardless of perfectibility.
What has life taught you recently?
Just cutting back on food intake or eating healthier food doesn't cause weight loss. So frustrating.
What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
I would really like people to spend more time listening with an open mind.
Where do you find inspiration?
Kids and animals, some weather (e.g. thunderstorms) and sleep.
Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?
"Just take it as it comes."
If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because pride. Ego, if you prefer.
What impact do you want to leave on the world?
Aside from kindness, I'd actually like to leave as little impact as possible. Call me nuts.
What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
Life continues after tragedy, and there are ALWAYS things to be learned, often from surprising people and events.
In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
Realistically, if I'm not seeing it, I'm, uh, ... not seeing it.
To answer the implicit question, I'm often very unaware of how set in my ways I am.
If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
"I don’t understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I can’t. I do what I don’t want to—what I hate. I know perfectly well that what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience proves that I agree with these laws I am breaking. But I can’t help myself because I’m no longer doing it.... When I want to do good, I don’t; and when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway." (Romans 7:15-17a, 19 (NLB))

Paul had one answer for that. I tend to agree with him in the abstract sense: because it feels better to do the wrong thing often. Or it is or seems easier.
What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
Music. Sleep. Venting to a trusted person.
Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
Only every motherlovin' day! Good God, this is my life. "Regrets, I have a few..."
Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Ayup. Usually with a twist because God's a funny guy.
Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?
I don't really think I do; I am fairly certain I think about my Mom now as often as I did when she was still around. However, I think we all like to think about past times of our lives that seem much easier than today. I also strong distrust this rosy view of the past. My life wasn't appreciably "better" in my 20s, though some things were easier. Other things were pretty awful and I'd never want to do it again.
What is your most beloved childhood memory?
I've been thinking a lot lately about playing jacks (metal ones!) on the sidewalk in front on my house. We had a driveway pad that was very smooth so my hand didn't get all torn up scooping. I loved jacks....

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Your answer for "what are you not seeing?" is great!

Stacy said...

Just cutting back on food intake or eating healthier food doesn't cause weight loss...unless you're a man. They seem to lose weight so much easier. Life is unfair.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

This is a very thought provoking memoir like post.
My mother played jacks her whole life long. She taught the girls to play. I have her little tobacco bag of jacks and the ball.

Bev Sykes said...

I liked your answer to your defining moment. All of your answers were very thoughtful. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.