Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Shake It Off (2014)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song makes Crazy Sam want to dance. What song inspires you to get on your feet?
There are a lot. Today I was chair dancing with Beast to Chubby Checker's The Twist while he waited for lunch. He was rolling his eyes at me, but he did get into it a little at least; I kept threatening to get him on his feet and do it properly, but he wasn't at all up for that.
2) Paul McCartney met Taylor Swift at the SNL 40 Anniversary special and told her he really enjoys playing and singing this song. What's the last song you sang along with?
This one. I just watched the video; cute. I like the song for all it's fluffiness. Before that, I seem to recall singing along to Nina Simone's version of Mood Indigo in the car earlier today.
3) The lyrics tell us Swift "shakes off" nasty gossip and unfair criticism. What about you? Do you worry about what others think of you?
I don't care at all, with a few exceptions: my boss, my son, and a couple of others.
4) Her parents are big music fans, and were going to name their baby (boy or girl) "Taylor" after their favorite artist, James Taylor. Can you think of a singer that your mom and/or dad really enjoyed?
Heh, I could have been named after Eydie Gorme if my parents had been in the right mood (not at all likely, btw).
5) She grew up on an 11-acre Christmas tree farm. Do you get a fresh tree every year, or do you have an artificial tree, or do you not put up a tree at all?
I have two fake trees (unless Sparky already took one) but I haven't put one up the last two years. Hasn't been very festive.
6) Taylor Swift is 5'10". According to the CDC, the average American woman is 5'4" while men are, on average, 5'9". Are you taller or shorter than average?
I'm closer to Taylor's height than the "average" although this may soon switch as I am shrinking. I am, today, taller than my husband whose head was on my shoulder today as we transferred from chair to bed.
7) She enjoys good, old fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book for pleasure?
I'm reading three, er, four nonfiction books right now. The one I just put down is The Penguin Book of Hell. The others are slightly less intense.
8) Her brother Austin is a freelance photographer who took the official pictures for her 2008 concert tour. Who took the last photo of you?
Good God, I have no idea! Most likely it was a selfie with Beast. Unless you count the video call Sparky and I had on Tuesday.
9) Random question: What's your go-to comfy outfit?
I'm currently in yoga pants and a T (no bra). It's pretty effective as far as comfort.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I have a student named Eydie... never even thought of Eydie Gorme!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.