Friday, September 20, 2019

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Telltale Tales

  1. What’s a story you really like from your country’s (or ethnicity’s) folklore?
  2. Wow. I'm not really in love with any of the stories about women in this country/my ethnicity. I guess I do have some good feelings around the Three Little Pigs, possibly because of my sister singing along with Barbra Streisand with her song about it.
  3. What movie version of a fairy tale do you especially like?
  4. I can't think of any. Does Aladdin count?
  5. Some fables tell the story of how something came to be (for example, Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears). What’s a fable you especially like in this vein?
  6. I love this book! I love all the Anansi stories, too.
  7. Some fables have a moral attached to the end (for example, The Boy Who Cried Wolf). What fable in this vein is especially applicable to your life?
  8. Good Lord, Sleeping Beauty rings a lot of bells for me. Sigh.
  9. If you got together with your high-school friends, what’s a story they might retell about you?
  10. Probably nothing very exciting. A select few know about the time I backed my mom's car (Toyota Corolla) directly into a T-bird parked behind me, which belonged to the boyfriend of a neighbor of ours (and we were on the other side of town). The whole situation was ludicrous.

1 sweet-talkers :

onebadscrivener said...

Aladdin is from the Tales from the Arabian Nights, which I think qualifies it as a fairy tale. Do you know in the story he's Chinese? Not really relevant, but I have to cite Asian-ness when I can.

High school car stories are the best! :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.