Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Art Historic

Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?
Laughter in the face of Tragedy.
Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?
Silver.
Medieval: Are you religious?
Yes, as a matter of fact.
Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?
I absolutely adore Durham Cathedral. It's just ... comforting? Calming? Homey? It's also, somewhat unintentionally ironically, very Gothic in a particularly medieval way.
Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?
The day after Sparky was born, I remember the clear thought that "life will never be the same."
Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?
Some of them. I like food. I'm not so much about other so-called "fine things."
Rococo: Is your bedroom full of trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?
It's definitely not FULL of them! I have the print we got from my parents for a wedding present (in the frame Dad made), a painting by Beast's grandma, a photo of Copenhagen that my brother-in-law took, and some other odds and ends. Not a lot of decor, just dust and things that don't have 'real homes.'
Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?
I would like to see more round-toed dressy shoes. I hate pointy toes on shoes.
Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?
I try very hard to do that so I don't spiral into catatonia.
Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?
I'd prefer if movies would find their own writers for awhile, ones that don't need super-heroes or war.
Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?
I think I'm more of a Big Picture person right now.
Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?
Live theatre has been a very long time. Movie theater...coupla months.
Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?
Because it's delusional.
Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture?
I do, to a point. I find people endlessly interesting and weird.
Contemporary: What did you do today?
Got up (trust me, it was not easy today), got dressed, went to see Beast, came home, cried, ate lunch, took a nap, avoided thinking about the 7 million things I need to do, this, read out of a couple of books....

2 sweet-talkers :

Bev Sykes said...

"laughter in the face of tragedy," something people don't really understand unless they've been there. I always said I never cried as hard or laughed as much as during the worst periods of my life.

Kwizgiver said...

I love your Pop Art answer.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.