Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Danny Boy (1956)
"Danny Boy" was selected in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This is a sad song of farewell. Who is the last person you said "goodbye" or "so long" to?
Well, Beast earlier today when I left.
2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State?
I have. I was absolutely STUNNED by the number of Dunkin Donuts outlets. Seems like there's one for each Irish family in the area!
3) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?
I am wearing a sort of tennis ball green shirt. I couldn't find anything properly green this morning when I got dressed. Besides, I went to the nursing home with two drive-thru fast-food stops on the way, so it's NBD.
4) What color makes you look best?
I've been told teal/turquoise is a good look for me.
5) Will you drink something green in honor of the day (like a Shamrock shake or a green beer)?
I don't drink green things ever. Yuck. I don't even like green tea that much.
6) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
I don't really believe in lucky charms. I have some objects that make me feel happy when I'm around them: some earrings, some clothes, random rocks (I'm weird, ok) that sort of thing.
7) Though she's singing an Irish ballad, this week's featured artist, Joni James, is of Italian heritage. Can you think of a song as identified with Italy as "Danny Boy" is with Ireland?
Anything sung by Dean Martin, apparently, specifically "That's Amore." And "O Sole Mio."
8) Soda bread and potato bread are popular in Ireland. Are there any rolls or bread in your kitchen right now?
There's tortillas, bread and, bagels in the kitchen. I haven't had bagels in the house for weeks, which is totally weird for me. There's always bagels in my house!
9) Ireland is known for its whiskey. Do you enjoy Irish coffee (black coffee, whiskey and whipped cream)?
I don't like coffee, so...no. I'll take my whiskey straight, thanks.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I wonder why so many of us went with Dean Martin as our signature American singer, but not Frank Sinatra. I have no answer, I'm just struck by it.

I don't consider my Worry Doll a true lucky charm, either. She absorbs my worry, vs. bringing me luck. I'm on the fence as to whether I believe in luck or not.

Kwizgiver said...

There are never enough Dunks around. ;)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.