Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
A Quiz for Grown-Ups

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Here are the ones that are currently on the chopping block: part of DirecTV (the premium channels), SiriusXM, some subscriptions on Beast's Nook, and I just need to renegotiate our cell plan.
2. What do you really want to be doing right now?
WANT: napping. NEED: gathering paperwork for taxes, financial purposes, and Medicaid application.
3. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?
It was on the top of the pile in the closet.
4. Thoughts on gas prices?
This is something I just don't dwell on. I'm glad I'm buying less than I was for most of September-December.
5. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning
".....nooooooooo..."
6. Last thought you have before you go to sleep?
I have no idea, I'm usually asleep by then.
7. Do you miss being a child?
I miss it pretty much daily at this point.
8. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
See #2 under NEED. Man, my relationship with money is pretty much totally fucked up.
9. Up early or sleep in?
I love sunrises, but seeing them means going to be before I leave work in parts of the year. Which isn't practical, right? So I'll sleep in when I can.
10. Favorite lunch meat?
Bologna. I'm low-rent.
11. What do you get every time at Trader Joe’s?
I've never been in a Trader Joe's. See answer just above.
12. Beach or lake?
Don't, uh, lakes have beaches? Because...well, yeah. I'd rather be in the mountains, all the same.
13. Ever crashed your vehicle?
Yup. I strongly recommend against it.
14. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?
I seem to remember brushing in a lake or river as a kid once. Also, with fizzy bottled water in St. Petersburg, because the water there is beyond scary.
15. Somewhere you've never been but want to go?
Africa, specifically Botswana, Egypt, Kenya, Namibia.
16. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
Hell no! That doesn't mean I won't be, but I'm not in for anymore giant changes.
17. Do you own your own house?
Well, I pay on the mortgage every month, so not really.
18. Do you have a go-to person?
Not so much, not anymore.
19. Are you where you want to be in life?
Oh, you crack me up. ... Not.
20. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I didn't watch cartoons much, and when I did it was mostly the Warner Bros. or Hanna-Barbera shorts.
21. What has changed since you were a child?
Almost everything.
22. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?
Absolutely not! Hell to the no, no way, uh-uh.
23. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
I feel ignorant fairly often, but rarely in a childlike way.
24. Did you have a pager?
I didn't. Beast did.
25. Were you the type of kid you want your kids to hang out with?
Hah. Yeah, actually, I was. So was Sparky.

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Wow Cat, not to understate anything, but you’ve sure been to hell and back. #5 really is a perfect answer. Even without an alarm clock waking you, this can happen. I’m keeping you on the radar, so to speak. Wishing you a few good 🦄’s in your life, and soon.

Bev Sykes said...

Someone else who wants to visit Africa! I just want to go and watch elephants. But I know I never will.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.