Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Boat Drinks (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Jimmy Buffett is singing about his bandmates watching hockey in a sports bar. Since it's Super Bowl weekend, our first question is: In cold weather, which sport to you watch most: football, hockey, or basketball?
Normally, it would be football, but this year has sucked for all my teams and I hate the Patriots so much. So glad the Olympics start soon.
2) Jimmy sings it's just 20º outside. How high will the mercury reach where you are today?
I am sure we never broke freezing. It's just the pits. I hate this time of year.
3) "Boat drinks" are mixed drinks designed to enhance the enjoyment of a boat ride or time on the beach. Popular boat drinks include The Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, and Mimosa. When did you last sip an alcoholic beverage? Was it a boat drink?
I love all three of those drinks--not together, one at a time. I had some vodka earlier this week. I don't think 7UP and vodka is a boat drink.
4) Jimmy met his wife, Jane, in Key West at a bar called The Chart Room. Have you ever been to Key West?
Nope. I'm fairly certain I would die on that bridge; things like that scare the living shit out of me.
5) Have you ever met anyone worth knowing at a bar?
Well, I mean...yeah.
6) While Keith Richard and Paul McCartney have made cameo appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jimmy Buffet has not. Producers have asked him, but he's always had to decline because of his touring schedule. Have you seen any of the Pirates/Jack Sparrow movies?
I've seen the first two. Maybe parts of the third? I dunno; the second one pretty much jumped the shark. The first was merely ok.
7) When Jimmy gave the commencement address at the University of Miami, he showed up in flip-flops. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
True flip-flops: zero. Sandals: probably at least 6 pair.
8) Jimmy has his own station on Sirius Radio. Do you subscribe to Sirius?
I do. I'm cancelling soon however. I have Spotify for $10/month. WTF am I paying $150+ for to Sirius??
9) Random question: What trend or fad from your youth do you hope never makes a comeback?
Combs in everyone's back pocket. Do you know how many people's pants were ruined by standing up too fast back in the day??

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I get Sirius for about half what you pay (for a year). How is that possible?

Cat. said...

I dunno. It's Beast's party. He's not using it. It's gotta go.

The Gal Herself said...

Psst! You can fly into Key West from Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami or Fort Lauderdale. All the times I've been down there and have only ever done that drive from Miami twice ... because it's boring. Really. No one tells you this, but it's boring as all get out to just look at water. And more water.

Cat. said...

Good to know! All that water terrifies me so close to the edge of the road. Give me a 900-foot drop off the mountain and I'm fine. Water? Nope. :)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.