Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday Stealing x2

(Link in meme-roll)
Music, Music, Music

1: A song you like with a color in the title
Blue Bayou
2: A song you like with a number in the title
Ten Duel Commandments
3: A song that reminds you of summertime
Summertime
4: A song that needs to be played LOUD
Sweet Child O' Mine
5: A song that makes you want to dance
The Chicken Dance
6: A song to drive to
Pretty much anything by Mellencamp, but I'll go with Jack and Diane today.
7: A song about drugs or alcohol
Show Me the Way to Go Home
8: A song that makes you happy
Just You Wait
9: A song that makes you sad
Scarecrow
10: A song that you never get tired of
Amazing Grace (just bagpipes)
11: A song from your preteen years
Hokey Pokey
12: One of your favorite 80’s songs
No One Is to Blame
13: One of your favorite classical songs
March Slave
14: A song that you would sing a duet with someone on karaoke
Well, I wouldn't do karaoke, certainly not as a duet, but let's pretend: The Colors of My Life
15: A song from the year that you were born
It's My Party
16: A song that makes you think about life
Walk On
17: A song that you think everybody should listen to
It's Quiet Uptown (the Mixtape version)
18: A song by a band you wish were still together
She Loves You
19: A song by an artist no longer living
Hallelujah
20: A song that breaks your heart
One (with Mary J.)
21: A song by an artist with a voice that you love
Barcelona
_______________________________________________

Freckles and other oddities

Do you have freckles?
I do. At work this week, a man about my age who seemed to be Hispanic, told me he loved my skin color and then matched arms with me. I have, like, seven colors due to all the freckles. ;-)
Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
One is open, one is closed. When I was growing up they were always closed, not because of monsters, but because it was tidier that way.
Can you whistle?
Yup. Sure can. I can even carry a tune, most days.
Did you wake up cranky today?
No, but I woke up thinking how gross and disgusting most of this house is, so I got up and cleaned the master bath. The kitchen is next, along with the laundry.
Zodiac sign.
I'm a Scorp. Beware!
What is your eye color?
Hazel.
Take a vitamin daily?
Yes I do.
Do you sing in the shower?
I've never understood this. No.
What did you have for lunch?
I haven't even had breakfast yet! However, now that you mention it, I'm going to make a cheese sammich mit bagel. ...
Today's cheese selection: cheddar and muenster. Yummmm.
Do you watch the Olympics?
I do, though I don't turn it into a Must-See situation.
Do you prefer to swim in a pool or the ocean?
I prefer to sit in the hot-tub or read on the deck/beach.
Bottled water or tap water?
I don't live in Flint, and we have a well, so it's stupid to buy water that I'm conditioning myself. We test regularly, don't worry. At work though--I hate the taste of the city water, and we have bottled water in a dispenser, so I use that.
Do you work better with or without music?
Depends on the work. If it requires intense focus and thinking, no music. If it's repetitive and boring, music.
Can you curl your tongue?
Nope. No one in my immediate family can--I mean sisters, brothers. My husband and son can. Yay, genetics.
Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
The red on my Coors pilsner glass (it's got diet Coke inside, peeps) has faded to pink. I'm randomly pink. Oh! My nail file handle is pink!
Have you ever caught a butterfly?
Yes. Not for decades though. It's not good for the butterflies, aside from scaring them needlessly.
Are you easily influenced by other people?
This is a hard question. I get wound up in people's drama far too easily, and if they are a friend, I can live in blind loyalty for a long time. However, I'm getting better at deciding for myself rather than depending on others to be my moral compass.
Do you have strange dreams?
Hella yes!
Do you like going on airplanes?
I like to travel. I don't like the rigmarole around air travel these days, however. There's very little fun or romance or whatever left inside of airports. I like trains, though, and I love being on the open road with good music and nowhere in particular to be.
Name one movie that made you cry.
Shit, I cry in almost every movie! Even comedies. I even tear up in the superhero movies I see. It's ridiculous. I remember sitting in a packed house to see Platoon--every seat filled--and being so overcome that I couldn't cry. We were surrounded by vets and their families and I couldn't watch parts of the movie (I hug Beast's shoulders a lot), and I felt stupid crying when these guys had gone through this themselves.
Peanuts or sunflower seeds?
Hmm. Probably sunflower seeds. I like peanuts, but I don't need many before I'm just done.
If i handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want the performer to be?
I've kind of gone off concerts, unless they are super-small venues. I enjoy the concerts themselves, but all the "stuff" around them--getting there, parking, walking miles, figuring out seat location, sitting through random opening acts (though I've discovered some good bands that way), and then getting the hell out, not to mention the whole people-being-stupid-during-concerts thing--makes me want to scream.
Are you a picky eater?
I don't think so, not anymore. I was, I guess, as a kid.
Are you a heavy sleeper?
I can be. I wear earplugs, so that helps in sleeping through some stuff, but other senses wake me up easily: touch, scent, etc.
Do you fear thunder / lightning?
Nope. I've a healthy respect for lightning, but I'm not afraid of it. Unless I'm outside in the woods wearing metal.
Do you like your music loud?
Heh. There are days at work when I have the earbuds in and the music cranked so I can drown out the yippity-yippity gossip going on around me in the workroom. It's not doing my hearing any good, I'm sure.
Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
Wrap.
What’s the next movie you want to see in theaters?
Oh, I don't know. We've been told, directly, by our son that we "need to see" Dunkirk, but I think I'll wait till it's on DVD. I don't really live for movies, to be honest.
Been on the computer for 5 hours straight?
More often than I'd like to admit.
Having said that, all my work stuff is done online, so it's pretty hard to work without it.
Do you like meeting new people?
People are endlessly fascinating, so yeah. But sometimes they are dangerously nuts, and then it's not so much fun.
What are three things you did today?
Cleaned the bathroom fixtures, pre-sorted laundry, got dressed.
What do you wear to bed?
I've got a couple of lightweight cotton nightshirts that I wear in the summer. In the winter, I wear flannel jammies. I've been known, however, to drop into bed in a T-shirt or sweats. I'm not overly worried about my fashion while I'm asleep!
Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
Jeans. If I could wear sweats to work, though.... hah!
Name something that relaxes you.
Reading. Crossword puzzles.

4 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I feel like the only person in America who does not wear sweats.

Cat. said...

Kwizzy, it's cuz you don't have a WalMart (do you?)? You HAVE to wear sweats there. ;-)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

"Beware!" I can dig it! The twins are Scorpios!
Trains are lovely. Getting through the big terminal in L.A. isn't. I think I'll travel up by train some year, to see the girls. Driving up through L.A. is a total wipe out these days, and makes the train ride look better and better.
Fashion is only for the neighbors not to be shocked if a street brawl erupts, and everyone dashes out to cheer on the sides. Ya know?

Bev Sykes said...

Your answer to the movie that makes you cry was a very moving.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.