Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Without Lamps, There’d Be No Light
One of my favorite movies of all time celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, and I had the pleasure to see it on the big screen for the first time Thursday evening. I was sixteen when it came out (yes; I’m 46), and too young to see it in theaters then, so although I’ve seen it on cable and DVD at least fifty times, this experience was a first, and it was incredible. So this week’s questions are inspired by that film.
  1. When you were seventeen, how did you spend most of your Saturdays?
    As usual throughout the years I lived at home, Saturday morning was for cleaning. I was in charge of tidying my room. Once noon rolled around we were free to shop. And we did, every bloody Saturday! I've wondered for years what Mom needed at the mall EVERY SATURDAY. Anyway, after that was usually a stop at the library. Sometimes it was a short afternoon so we could get home for gardening before dinner.
  2. What was your high school locker like?
    It was always in the hall near the band room. This was usually rather problematic since that was miles from the classrooms. It was tidy.
  3. When did you last have to replace a missing screw?
    What is it with screws this week?! I find one--a ginormous one!--at the Reference Desk this week, and since then they are showing up in al lmy social media locations. Weird. I have no idea where it came from.
  4. What was the last thing you drank out of a Thermos?
    I haven't used a thermos in at least a decade, and I have no idea what was in it the last time I did use one.
  5. Do you still possess anything you created in high school (say, an elephant lamp that lights up when you pull the trunk)?
    Uhm...lol.
    I do have a cutting board that I made in shop class. And I think I got back from Dad the shallow leaf-shaped caddy I made in shop too. But those are both junior high projects. I didn't do much 'making' in high school, except music. I have my band mementos, but it's hard to save that kind of thing.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.