Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Summerfling
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) This song refers to the summer breezes and winds of mid-July. Now that July is almost over, how would you describe this month's weather where you are?
It has been a lot less awful than the usual summer weather. Cooler, and even some days with low humidity. I hope that continues through August, but I'll take what I can get.
2) The lyrics mention the "perfect plans." Do you have plans for today? Or will you just let this summer Saturday unfold?
I did my errands this morning--toy store for a gift, grocery store for food for tomorrow's birthday party/potluck (because seriously, only my idiot niece would make it a potluck party), and pet store for hay for the guinea pigs. Then home to try to see if Beast's pain level was lower. We just now realized that instead of taking pain meds yesterday, he took sleeping pills. So, yeah. Welcome to the House of Insanity, version 7.26.14.
3) This week's artist, k. d. lang, attended Red Deer Community College in Alberta. Red Deer's school colors are green, black and silver. What were your school colors?
High school was pale blue, white, and silver; college was orange, white, and dark blue.
4) She had a bit part in the 2006 murder mystery The Black Dahlia. Do you enjoy murder mysteries?
I love, L O V E, mysteries, though not James Ellroy's. Easily half of the fiction I read is mysteries, which outnumber every other 'genre' I have listed in GoodReads.
5) Ms. lang is a vegetarian. What's the last beef, chicken, pork or fish you ate?
I just had a cold piece of Papa Murphy's Chicago-Style Stuffed™ pizza left over from last night's aborted dinner--so salami, pepperoni, sausage, ground beef.
6) In 2000, when this song was released, California suffered a series of blackouts. Has your power gone out this summer?
Actually, we've had a good summer that way: a couple of short-lived outages while I was out of the house, but nothing major. Having said that, we'll lose power for the rest of the month now.
7) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire also came out in 2000. Did you read it?
Of course I did, as soon as it was released! And I listened to it on CD too. And I saw the movie. I liked this one a lot.
8) Which would you rather have on your hot dog: sauerkraut, ketchup/mustard/relish or chili?
I'm not from around here, so I'll go with just mustard and ketchup. Or plain.
9) If you had your choice, which would you prefer: new shoes or a new wallet?
I just repaired my Packers wallet with black-with-white-polka-dots duct tape, so I'll have new shoes. Honestly, I haven't bought any new shoes for several months so I'm due, right? I only have about 4 dozen pairs already....

6 sweet-talkers :

katie eggeman said...

I have been tossing and donating my great shoes grudgingly since I broke my ankle a few years ago. My new orthotics don't fit my pretty shoes, so I actually need to shop.

Cat. said...

Oh DARN--shoe shopping! The only kind of shopping I enjoy.... ;-)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That is a serious lot of shoe leather there, Gal. Huzzah!
DH called me Imelda today when I was digging through my pile of shoes, and saying out loud that now I need a shoe rack. I buy sandals at summer sales. He has no idea how important foot-ware is to women.

The Gal Herself said...

I read a lot of mysteries, too. I wonder if I love them because I like the whodunit aspect, or if because most of the series happen to be mysteries, and it's series I like. (Kinsey Milhone, Kay Scarpetta, Jesse Stone, Spenser, etc.)

Cat. said...

Someone at a conference once posited that mystery readers are people who like puzzles and/or people who are interested in justice and stories in which the bad guys get their due by the end of the book. I'd say that applies to me for sure.

Kwizgiver said...

Another mystery fan here! ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.