Saturday, January 18, 2014

Patrick's Place

Saturday Six

1. C is for CABLE: Do you pay for cable or satellite television or have you "cut the cord"?
We have DirecTV as we have for the past 11+ years. We have had to call for service...uhm...three (?) times. One time a guy had to come do something with our antenna because of a problem we'd called about. He was punctual, timely, efficient and inexpensive. Otherwise we literally have never had major trouble. How do you beat that? Our cable company was called at least once a year, and the guys they sent out were jerks and expensive and dumb.
2. C is for CACOEPY: Which common mispronunciation do you find most annoying?
"Jew-ler-ee" (jewelry), "Reel-uh-ter" (Realtor), and "Nu-kyuh-ler" (nuclear) make me completely crazy. Really people. Really? They are some of the words in English that are pronounced exactly as they are spelled and we can't even do it right. gah
3. C is for CANDLE: At which age do you think it's appropriate to stop placing a candle for every year on someone's birthday cake?
When the cake catches fire, you've passed the optimum year. Some people are really silly about the number, so it's probably tactful to stop at about 25 or 30. Frankly, if you could've gotten 50 candles on my cake last year, I'd've been all for it! That would have been one giant cake! :-)
4. C is for CENT: Do you think pennies should still be minted or should we just give up on the single cents?
I think that if we instituted a VAT instead of the current system of taxing, we could make the prices all end in 0 or 5 and just not need pennies. Otherwise, we're pretty much stuck with them.
5. C is for CHAIR: Describe your favorite chair in your home?
Beast's recliner is pretty comfy, but I have to give favorite status to the blue chair in the basement, formerly Amy's. It's really comfy and tall and screams "Sit here and read a book!" to me. However, I mostly sit on the sofa because it is comfy and located in a better place in the house from which to organize things. Also, right now, it's warmer in this room!
6. C is for CORN: What’s your favorite way to eat corn?
I'm not fussy--I love corn! However, I'm allergic to the pollen so as much as I like it fresh off the farm, shucking it is a pain and even handling it to cook can be problematic. My sister's allergic to eating corn, so the fact that I'm "only" allergic to the pollen makes me happy whenever I eat it. However, I think I may be developing some problems with corn additives in foods, not as bad as my sister's problems, but a general I-don't-feel-so-hot thing. This is annoying, but I can still eat corn, cornmeal, and corn tortillas, so I'm not complaining.

1 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

It's a good chair. I'm glad it's serving you!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.