Sunday, October 27, 2013

F.Y.S.

(Found here)

1. What's been the best day of your life so far and why? Right off the bat, a stumper. I have lots of days that have been absolutely great, and I can't possibly pick just one. Here's a selection: Sparky's high school graduation, the day Beast came back to campus prior to our senior year, the day my latest great-nephew was born, my high school graduation, the day my sister Jean got married...

2. Describe your first kiss, who was it with, what was it like, where was it etc.? My first kiss as a date was in about 1990 with my (duh) boyfriend, on my front porch (I think?) and it wasn't anything to write home about.

3. What's your biggest regret? I know we all say we don't regret things but obviously it's how we learn, from our mistakes. So what's something from your past you wished you could have changed? I wish I could've sorted out some things with my mom before she died.

4. When was the last time you laughed so hard that tears fell from your face and what was it at? This morning when I watched this video. I thought I was going to stop breathing from laughing.


5. What is the craziest thing that you have ever done? I'm not known for sanity. Probably the craziest recent thing is believing things that I knew weren't true, and not going with my gut.

6. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? The last few weeks have been pretty embarrassing.

7. Do you have any scars and if so, how did you get them? I have a couple of small scars from random injuries and the chicken pox and one big scar on my lower abdomen from surgery. Oh, and on my knee when I ripped it open on the threshold of our back door when I was about 12.

8. Where would you like to be in 10 years? I don't do well with long-term planning. It would be wonderful if there were some rugrats in my life, though.

9. What are your views on drugs and alcohol? This is NOT a good time for me to be answering this question. See #s 5 and 6.

10. What are your views on religion? I think people should take it more seriously than they do, and by that I mean I think they should know what they stand for, not what someone else tells them to think.

11. Have you ever thought about ending your own life? If so, why? There were some dark periods in my teen years, but I never seriously bottomed out, partially because I did know a couple of kids who suicided as teens.

12. Write 5 facts people might not know about you. Which people? People here online know a lot more about me than most people IRL probably do. So doing this online is pretty difficult. I'll give it a try....
1. I'm wearing orange nail polish on my toes right now.
2. I joined Weight Watchers last spring and have lost about 15 lbs. and then got stuck there for the past 6 weeks.
3. I'm addicted to S'mores Blizzards. This may be part of the reason for the second 'fact' above.
4. I've recently become painfully aware that I suffer from too much (often misplaced) empathy.
5. For the past 6 days I've had a GIANT zit on my face--like 1/4" across. So embarrassing.

13. What's your zodiac sign and do you think it fits your personality? Up until today I thought I was a Scorpio. Now there's a new horoscope arrangement, though, and it appears that I'm a Libra. Riiiight.

14. Pinpoint a moment you felt the most satisfied with your life. Probably sometime in the past 5 years. Not right now.

15. Discuss your first love. I'm not sure I can. Nor am I inspired to try tonight.

16. Put your ipod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up. Explain why each song is on there. I don't own an iPod, but the first 10 songs on Spotify shuffle on my Favorites list are:
1. Angel on My Shoulder (EDX's Belo Horizonte At Night Remix) -- Kaskade
2. Home -- Ben Lee
3. Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair (Live in New York/1964) -- Nina Simone
4. Your Little Secret -- Melissa Etheridge
5. Cobrastyle -- Robyn
6. End of the Party -- The English Beat
7. Annie's Song -- John Denver
8. Next to Me -- Emeli Sande
9. Redeemer (Live Version) -- Nicole Mullen
10. Spotlight -- Mutemath

17. Name somewhere you'd like to move or visit. I'm kinda jonesing for New Mexico tonight. Just to visit. For now.

18. What's your earliest memory? ...plock... I've answered this a kabillion times. Just type in "earliest memory" at the search box up there and you can read those answers.

19. What are your views on mainstream music? Good beat, easy to dance to. I'll give it a 71.

20. What are your highs and lows of this past year? The lows have stood out way more than the highs. I'm glad Sparky finally made it through Organic Chemistry and has found a girl he likes. I'm thrilled with the newest addition to the family. Can't really think of a lot of other high points. Oh, a superb new boss at work.

21. What are your strongest beliefs? I believe in God. I believe that people are neither perfectly good nor perfectly bad, but an untidy mixture of both. I think puppies and kittens and babies are adorable. And mosquitoes and humidity are the devil's work.

22. Who are you closest to in your family? My oldest sister (Marie) and my oldest niece (Elizabeth).

23. How important do you think education is?It's crucial, but that doesn't mean it should all take place in a classroom.

24. What's one of your favorite shows? I still like CSI.

25. How have you changed in the past 2 years? I'm helluva lot more patient, able to bite my tongue. Also, completely codependent. It's not a great tradeoff.

26. Name 5 people who are famous who you find attractive. Shemar Moore, Bruno Mars, Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, David Beckham.

27. Name your favorite movie and what it's about. The IMDb summary says, "A girl who half-heartedly tries to be part of the 'in crowd' of her school meets a rebel who teaches her a more devious way to play social politics." (Heathers) That omits the blacker-than-black thread of humor that runs through it.

28. Who is someone who fascinates you and why? Millard Fuller.

29. What kind of person attracts you? Sense of humor, patience, honor, solidity.

30. What's a problem that you have recently had or are currently having? See #25.

31. Name something that you miss. My parents. I miss them tons right now/lately.

32. Share 5 goals you want completed in the next 30 days.
1. Attend a ton more Al-Anon meetings and really start working the steps.
2. Celebrate my 50th birthday. And Beast's.
3. Do the Thanksgiving thing again this year.
4. Catch-the-fuck up at work, with cataloging specifically.
5. Sleep through the night at least 5 nights a week regularly. Preferably without meds.

33. What's been the highlight of your month and the lowest point? The highlight is recognizing all the friends and support I have. The low point is the reason I've become aware of them.

34. What's something that you've done in the past that you would never do again? Take responsibility for my boss being insane.

35. What is your biggest insecurity? why? Not being "good enough", at whatever. I'm very competitive, and don't like to lose, and I'm not good at it, because I want to be perfect (or at least outstanding) from the start.

36. What were the last 3 songs you listened to and what did they mean to you? I haven't listened to any music today, except what I overheard at church while I was there for Sunday School. The only one of those I remember is "Jesus Loves Me."

37. Do you have a toy that's really special to you and if so what is it, how did you get it, etc.?Toys? I'm a little old for the tradition toy market, I think. My laptop is pretty awesome though. As is my Nook.

38. Have you lost anyone close to you to death? My parents, two sisters, my two parents-in-law, a great-nephew, my grandparents, and a couple of friends.

39. What is your purpose in life? I don't know yet.

40. When was the last time you cried and what was it over? Got a little weepy this morning. There were some angry tears last night. Actually cried? I'm sure it was sometime this week. My tear ducts are getting a workout this month.

41. If you got to spend an entire day with your favourite celebrity what would you guys do? Hide from the press, I'm sure.

42. If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would you choose and why? Probably U2. They've a huge catalog, and are still writing.

43. What are 3 personality traits that you like about yourself and what are three that you dislike about yourself? Good: I'm stubborn, irreverent, flexible.
Bad: I'm stubborn, irreverent, wishy-washy.

44. Can you cook? If so what are your favorite dishes to make? I can. I don't like to, but I can whip up a good lasagna, mac 'n cheese, or Thanksgiving dinner without worrying about the outcome.

45. What was the last decision you regretted making? Not Skyping with Sparky this afternoon. I miss him.

46. Who's opinion of yourself do you value the most? God's. Of the people I know, I guess Beast.

47. What's the nastiest thing you've ever said to another human being and what drove you to say it? Oh, I have a horrible mouth on me, so I've said a lot of pretty awful things. I remember a few screaming bouts with Sparky, for instance.

48. What's the nastiest thing anyone has ever said to YOU? Or something that's hurt you above anything else and why? There was a comment made recently about my job/the fact that I work that was really hurtful. There've actually been a LOT of nasty things said to me in the past several months.

49. You can ask your favourite celebrity 3 questions and she's taken a magical truth pill so she will 100% answer honestly, what do you ask? I'll pass. There's a reason I'm not a journalist.

50. What mark would you want to leave on this world after you are gone? I would prefer very much not to leave ANY mark at all! I'd like to be remembered well by family and friends, but no marks.

51. What makes you most angry? Being lied to.

52. Who do you think is a really underrated celebrity and what do you love about them? I don't really understand the big drama around Ben Affleck being cast as Batman. He's not that bad.

53. What are the main qualities you look for when thinking about a significant other? Didn't we just do this?? Like, #29?

54. What's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you? I got flowers from the garden in one of my mom's rose bowls this week. They were left on the table next to where I usually sit on the couch.

55. What is one of your favorite memories? My wedding day was a hoot.

56. What do you do when you really want to impress someone? What I should do is keep my mouth shut. What I usually end up doing is talking too much.

57. What are your 3 favourite animals and why? I'm going with the big-picture animals, not favorite pets. So, wolves, coyotes, and .....well....dogs. ;-)

58. What’s the nicest present you've ever received? Time and a listening ear.

59. People always go around saying 'oh I’m their biggest fan,' but what does being a truly big fan of someone mean to you? Being as how "fan" is short for "fanatic" I tend to think "biggest fan" means crazy, OCD, stalker behavior. It sort of creeps me out.

60. Have you ever wanted to change anything about your life? If so, what? Right now, there's a lot that needs to be changed. I'm working on it.

61. What is something you feel like you are really good at? Empathizing.

62. What are your top 5 favourite all time songs by your favourite artist? Oh, fuck right off. I'm too tired and crabby to think about this, especially since I know I've answered it a couple dozen times.

63. What are your top 5 favourite all time videos by your favourite artist? I haven't watched music videos in decades. Do they still actually make them??

64. If you were given $3,000,000 to put towards 3 charities/foundations ($1 mil each obvs), what would you choose and why? Habitat, Amnesty, and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.

65. What's one thing someone has done for you that was really small but made a huge impact? Some days a smile is really the biggest thing in the world.

66. What do you do when you can't sleep? I get up, usually stop in the bathroom, and then grab a book or my Nook and read or do Sudoku till my eyes won't stay open.

67. What's something that's on your bucket list? I don't really keep lists like this, but I would love to visit the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.

68. If you could change 3 things within your government, what would they be and why?
1. Kill off the PACs, or at least radically cut their power.
2. Term limits.
3. Make everyone who makes public statements take logic classes, and IQ tests.

69. What's your favourite holiday and why? Thanksgiving: food and thankfulness. What's better than that?

70. What's the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you? Even if it's TINY like holding a door open for you, something that you remember even though they were a complete stranger. I got a hug from a police officer this month. That was...surreal.

71. Who's your favorite cartoon character? Roadrunner. Or Mighty Mouse. They're essentially tied.

72. What's the first song that comes to your mind while reading this and why? Well, this is strange: "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing." No idea why.

73. Put the 7 deadly sins in order of the one you commit the most to the least. Sloth -- Gluttony -- Pride -- Wrath -- Lust -- Greed -- Envy

74. What would you like to be the first dance song at your wedding? Well, my wedding was 27 years ago, and the first song was "Babe" by Styx.

75. Have you ever been told you look like a famous person, if so, who? I look like everyone's next-door neighbor, apparently. "You look familiar" is a VERY common thing for me to hear, and not because I look like Angelina Jolie.

76. What's one thing you can not live without? Air.

77. What is the most selfless thing you have ever done for someone? There's that whole pregnancy and birth thing, not to mention the ensuing 20 years.

78. Rate your favourite artist on a scale of 1-10 for the following things: ((eyeroll))
Looks: 7
Vocal ability: 5
Dance ability: 2
Videos: ??7
Actual songs: 9.5
Lyrics: 9
Personality: 9
Loyalty to fans: 8
Humility: 3

79. What are 3 things that have happened in your life that you've never forgotten? Big or small, just things you know you won't ever forget and still seem crystal clear now.
1. Walking across the darkened airport restaurant/bar in Moscow with Jon as I cried about missing Beast.
2. Waking up from surgery without glasses, in a dark hospital room, in pain, and unable to reach the nurse-call button. I had to ask my roommate to call for me finally.
3. The last time I saw my sister Ellen, watching her smoke-and-doze and drop embers from her cigarette onto the comforter on her lap and not having a clue how to feel. I did not know it was the last time I'd see her, but I knew there wasn't much time left.

80. What comes first to you out of friendships and relationships, and why? What? I don't understand this question, so I'll answer with what came to mind first: it takes a really long time for me to feel like someone is a real friend.

81. What's your favourite children's tv show/movie? I love "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" and "The Lion King."

82. What song makes you cry the most? Depends on the day. I've cried during lots of songs, but I almost always at least want to cry when I hear Mary J. singing on "One."

83. What's the funniest film you've ever seen? The only movie that has ever, EVER, made me fall off the couch laughing is "Heathers."

84. What's something crazy that you've always wanted to do? I used to want to skydive. Not so much anymore though.

85. Has anything ever happened to you that you just can't forgive? It takes awhile, but I think I'm over most of the old hurts.

86. What's your biggest fear? Not being good enough. I think I've covered that a bit up there somewhere.

87. What is your favorite food? Carbs.

88. Least favorite food? Why? Liver.

89. Have you ever felt ashamed about something? If so what was it & why? Are you shitting me?? Of course. Daily, in fact.

90. Do you keep a journal? If so what mostly goes in it? Random thoughts, feelings, stories? These blogs are my journal(s). Welcome to them. There are a few other tidbits here and there off Blogger.

91. When was the last time you said something nice to someone & what made you do it? I say nice things all the bloody time. I told Beast he's awesome several times today.

92. How do you feel when someone says something mean/disrespectful towards your fave celeb? If it's said to piss me off, I get annoyed. Otherwise...{shrug}...everyone's entitled to an opinion.

93. What’s the saddest story/one that's touched you the most that you've ever heard on the news? For fuck's sake... P L O C K .

94. If you were told you were going to have 3 daughters, what would you want to name them? If I were told I was having three daughters, I'd be asking God what to name them because it would be a complete miracle.

95. Do you have a middle name and if so, what is it? Yes, and it's biblical. The only girls' name in the family to come from the Bible, may I add.

96. How did your name get chosen? What's the story behind it? My sister's supposedly named me, after a friend of one of theirs.

97. What's the craziest thing you've done for each of your faves e.g. waiting in line for hours, getting up early to see them on tv, etc.? I don't do anything crazy for famous people/groups.

98. Are you a virgin? Well, seeing as how there's that whole childbirth thing PRIOR to my hysterectomy...no.

99. What are the stories behind your tattoos/piercings and if you don't have any, would you like any? I have pierced ears because my mom caved in when I was 14 and let me get them done. Dad wasn't happy. I have no real desire for more holes or ink.

100. Do you have siblings? If so, what are their names and how old are they? There were 5 kids in my family. We were born in 1943 (Marie), 1946 (Ellen), 1949 (Jean), 1953, (Del) and 1963 (me). You do the math.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.