Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
RDA stuff up the wazoo, and generally weird days for the past week. Seriously, this last half of the month has been really unpleasant.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
Compassion balances our human talent for selfishness. I think varying amounts of it are innate, but like many other traits it needs nurturing to make it strong enough to last till adulthood. I absolutely have tried to inculcate it in Sparky, but he started out with a big heart which helped for sure. He still does have a big heart.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
Romantic comedy. But I don't watch a lot of movies.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
I like hot dogs. I like roast beef. I'm not a fan of baseball, however, at least not the major leagues. When I do go to a game, I tend toward nachos.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
Heh. We need to figure out a way to really solidify the main downtown area's business base. And we need to integrate newcomers into the community better. Those are the two things that came to mind right now.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
The first one that came mind is this one:
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
Nothing surprises me after the past 10 days or so. I'm currently watching Star Trek : Enterprise (season 1). It's one of the few STs that I never watched when it was on the air. So, in theory, yes, I have no problem believing there is life outside of Earth's environs.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm cold. Once this episode is over, I'm going upstairs, taking a bath, and going to bed. Last night was an under-4-hour night.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.