Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)
Vol. 98

1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
We own a couple. I almost always use the online dictionary at home, but oddly I still grab the print one at work about half the time.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
What's going on now? I have probably missed it, because I think it's all totally stupid. In the best possible world we would all step off and let kids have fun while they can. Halloween? Go costumes--within reason--no sexy or bullying outfits! Christmas? Go carols! However, I'd be ok with killing off Valentine's Day.
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
I suppose it would be wrong for me to say Cujo, primarily since I haven't actually seen it. I don't think I've seen any (good) dog movies since Benji. That's sad. Snow Dogs was absolutely AWFUL! Memorably awful, in fact.
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
I have never been someplace too quiet. There is no such thing as too quiet. That's like being (in popular culture) too rich or too thin.
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
I tend to clean as I go, but there always seems to be one big disaster at the end anyway. Sigh...
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
I heard about it. First thought? WHY?! Second thought: meh. I'm not that adventurous overall, but I am willing to at least consider most anything once. Key word: consider. I would be very likely to exclude this kind of thing at this point in my life.
7. What's not a word but should be?
Blerghhh.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I suddenly realized this week that I am finding my job kind of boring lately. I wonder what that means. Do I need to start looking for new challenges elsewhere? Or is it just that we're so completely stretched as a staff that I'm emotionally wrecked?

2 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

Glad you joined the Hodgepodge today!

My hubs is adventurous. I have to be talked into the adventure, but (most of the time) come round. Jumping out of an airplane (forget space balloon) is not something I'll ever be talked in to...unless its a life and death situation and even then I'm pretty sure someone would have to push me.

Enjoy your day!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

didcha get my message?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.