Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Who Are You Meme

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Normally, my answer for this is "intentional stupidity" but I think I need to get over this because I really see it too often to dwell on it; all it will do is shorten my life. So...pet peeve...let's see. I think I'll go with cold feet, which I have right now. But! I can do something about that.
2. Where and when were you born?
I was born nearly half a century ago at Porter Memorial Hospital, in Denver.
3. Where did your parents meet?
They were set up on a blind date by friends Lucille and Richie; Richie was Dad's friend and...hmmm, maybe Lucille went to church with Mom? I'm not sure. Anyway. Lucille was the school secretary at my high school when I attended there, and she and her husband lived in the only other house with the same floor plan as the house in which I grew up. Yes, my dad built them both.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like in four words?
Sigh....
Marie: serious, oldest, healthiest, bossy
Ellen: funny, tactless, redheaded, dead
Jean: librarian, English, idealistic, dead
Del: male, firefighter, irritating, loud
5. Where do you live now, and with whom?
I live in northern Flyover Country with Beast and the two (guinea) pigs. And Sparky, when he deigns to come home from college.
6. What is your occupation?
I'm a librarian at a small-to-medium-sized public library.
7. Write a full description of yourself.
Uhm, sorry, no. Read the damn blog(s).
8. To which social class do you belong?
OK, I have been REALLY good so far, but I can't maintain the snark-free answers when faced with this. Don't you know we have no class in America? (in all senses) We are a classless society, y'all. Actually, I do sort of believe this, in the permanent, immutable, can't-ever-leave-the-class-you're-born-into sense. In the poor/rich/middle, of course we have classes.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I have a great deal of dis-ease, a bucketload of allergies, and virtually no physical strength. But my brain? My brain is in pretty good shape, all things considered.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right. Which isn't to say I don't actually HAVE a left hand....
11. What does your voice sound like?
I think I have a very weird accent, a blend of western overlaid with midwest, but I try to keep my voice under control. I do whinge a lot, though. Hate that.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
You mean aside from the big Anglo-Saxon guns? I guess the winners might be "Actually", "Really," and "and."
13. What do you have in your pockets?
I'm not currently wearing anything with pockets. Normally I have chapstick and my phone in my pockets. If I'm at work, I also have my work keys.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
You left out tics. ;-) None of my mannerisms or habits are at all strange or annoying to me, though I'm sure others find them BEYOND irritating and bizarre. Probably better to ask them. I do have a very loud laugh when I'm surprised by something, and when I'm drifting off to sleep my feet waggle around. That has driven Beast nuts for 26 years now.
Which brings us full-circle back to feet. Tra-la.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I'm a foot wiggler, too, when I fall asleep or wake up.

Mr said...

I think number 5 was my favorite. (from my Canadian point of view anyway) Great Answers

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.