Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Useless Questions Meme

· Have you ever written a song?
Nope. I leave that sort of thing to Sparky. He's written several. Not sure any of them have been set to music or been performed, but he's got pages and pages of lyrics. Not that I'm allowed to see any of them.
· Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
Of course. I work in a library. I have to make sure all the bathrooms are empty before we leave. At my first job, the fusebox was in the men's room, and it was my job on nights I worked closing to go flicker the lights at 10 minutes before closing.
· Are you superstitious?
More than I'd like to admit.
· What's the most daring thing you've done?
I have no glib answer for this. Lately, I have to say getting up and facing the day feels pretty damn daring sometimes.
· Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?
I probably did, I'm sure I did. I didn't hang on to it past babyhood though. In fact, maybe that's one of the blankets my mom dumped on me a decade or so ago that I eventually threw out.
· Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, how’d it work out?
Uh, yeah. I did once memorable time as a child. It didn't go well. Inch-and-a-half-long bangs is not really a good look. I've cut small areas as an adult, to even things out, once in awhile, but not often.
· Have you ever sleepwalked?
Yes. I only know about once, again as a child. It's entirely possible I've done it as an adult too, but no one has caught me.
· If you could be any age, what age would you be?
25 sounds good. Old enough to do everything including renting a car, and young enough to enjoy it.
· What is your dream car?
Mechanically faultless, comfy inside, GPS and XM radio and heated seats. Basically, Beast's car. Be nice, though, if it got good gas mileage.
· What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
Wow. I totally used to read all the funnies on Sunday, up until about 15 years ago. My favorite overall is probably anything by Berke Breathed, but so many bring back good memories.
· If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
Break the window and get out. 'Course, since I can't swim, it wouldn't help much. [I do have one of these in the car, just in case.]
· Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Nope. Why is it that when you get the opportunity to do this, mostly your mind is focused so completely EVERYwhere else?
· How many foreign countries have you visited?
My TripAdvisor says 13.
· If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
I'd be still. Seems to me that's the agreed-upon best-case scenario.
· Do you talk in your sleep?
Yep. Not nearly as much as Beast does, though.
· Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
Yes, but I recovered safely each time. So far.
· If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?
Gwyneth could come cook for us, I guess.
· Have you ever re-gifted?
Of course.
· If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?
It would be the least populous event. Biathlon? Women's weightlifting? Ping-pong? Whatever. I do not like crowds.
· If you could participate in an Olympic Event, what would it be?
Nothing athletic. So maybe shooting...which is ridiculous since I've never even held a real gun.
· If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?
Meijer.
· What do you think is your best feature?
My brain.
· If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?
Probably a comedy, or a horrible scum-uncovering documentary.
· Which of the five senses is most important to you?
I fear the loss of my vision the most.
· Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
Painter. People will buy ANYthing if they're convinced it's art. But you can't fake-sing.
· How many years will/did you end up going to college?
Four years of undergrad, three semesters of grad school and a lot of continuing ed over the years.
· Have you ever had surgery?
Yup.
· What do you like to collect?
Dust.
· How many collectibles do you have?
Does Beast count? I have about five dozen sets of S&Ps. Maybe more. I haven't actually counted them.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Very interesting links you've included. I had never seen the hammer thingy thing before.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.