Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Semi Charmed Meme, Part One

1. My uncle once:
...wow, uh, I can't remember a single interaction with any of my uncles. The one who was still alive when I was old enough to remember him was a big husky guy who rarely spoke. I'm sure I was terrified of him at some level, though thinking about him doesn't give me any big scary feelings. He was a kind man.
2. Never in my life:
have I felt comfortable using the word "never" in a thoughtful way. (It literally took me 10 minutes to find something to say here...)
3. When I was five:
I was a shy, quiet little girl, scared of my own shadow.
4. High School was:
fun only in retrospect.
5. I will never forget:
the emotional content of each of the mission trips I've been on.
6. I once met:
the qualifications for being valedictorian and summa cum laude graduation...but not at the same time. ;-)
7. There’s this girl I know who:
doesn't know her power. That applies to most girls.
8. Once, at a bar:
I nearly got thrown out for yelling at the DJ.
9. By noon, I’m usually:
ready for a nap.
10. Last night:
I did my usual sleep-for-two-hours-wake-up-for-an-hour-finally-get-back-to-sleep thing. So annoying.
11. If only I had:
a [stronger] self-censor....
12. Next time I go to church:
I suppose I'll be teaching Sunday School again.
13. Jonathan Frid:
--since I had to go look him up on Wikipedia, I'll just move on past this one.
14. What worries me most:
is stuff that is the most meaningless. The big stuff I seem to be able to drop, but the putzy, stupid stuff hangs on like dandruff.
15. When I turn my head left, I see:
my usual Pile o' Shit on the end table.
16. When I turn my head right, I see:
plate from lunch, Nook, pillows, blankets....
17. You know I’m lying when:
I doubt you would.
18. What I miss most about the 80s:
I miss being 20.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be:
Kate, of course!
20. By this time next year:
I will be that much closer to turning 50.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I agree with you on #7.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Your uncle once took you walking in tall grass and you dad took a photo. Plus you saw The BoDeans play 5 feet in front of you. I know. It's a weird gift. I missed my 30s in the 80s...

Cat. said...

OK, you're creepy, Bud. It's official. :-}

Those things are true, but to clarify: I don't actually remember Uncle D at all, just the picture (which I should really ask my brother to send me, please); and I did sorta meet Sam & Kurt, but not in any way that counts as a 'meeting' on any level. My only memory (aside from the music) is that they were really pissed off about something between sets, as they sat and talk to the people at the table by us.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.