Sunday, April 22, 2012

hack hack cough cough

(Found here)

When was the last time someone called you late at night?
Seems to me the phone rang after 9 p.m. fairly recently; that passes for late around here. lol After that hour, I don't pay attention unless it's family.
What beverage do you drink most often?
Diet Dr. Pepper.
Do you have a study hall at school?
Let the mocking begin. I do NOT have Study Hall at work, just like my school did NOT waste time with Study Halls way back when. Study at home. Or the library, or at a friend's house, or in the halls after school, or whatever. Study Hall is for people who are too juvenile to deal with life.
Do you have a house key?
More mocking. HURRAH! Yes, yes, I have been entrusted with a house key. In 8+ years, I have used it approximately...10 times, max. Which is NOT to say the doors are unlocked at any given time, just that we use the garage door most of the time.
Are you any good at art?
I can't draw anything that's not orthographic or doodly. But there are other arts that are not graphic.
What is the last book you bought?
Hmm, it was a Nook book, the first in the Spellman files by Lisa Lutz.
Did 'Where the Red Fern Grows' make you cry?
Oh, hella yeah.
Did you ever have to read it for school?
We had it read to us in 3rd grade. I believe I read it after that because I missed, or misunderstood, part of it.
Can you describe the last glass that you drank from?
It's a pilsner glass similar to this.
Would you jump from a fifteen feet high platform?
Sure, assuming there was a crash pad to catch me.
Do you know where your siblings are?
One's in Texas, one's in Colorado, one's in Wisconsin, and one's in Leicestershire.
Do you ever just lay in bed at night to think?
No. That way lies madness.
When was the last time you chewed gum?
Last night.
What is on your favorite t-shirt?
I have lots of favorites. I'm wearing one now from a group we saw last summer in Kokomo: SoulSeed.
What time was it when you last ate?
I had a snack about a half an hour ago.
Do you wish you had more money?
I need to go to the ATM tomorrow, but in the large sense, no.
Does your computer still have any of the stickers on it?
Actually, yes, but just the Vista (sigh) and Intel Centrino ones.
Does your house have a fireplace?
Yup. One inside and a portable one outside. Somewhere. I think.
Do your grandparents live in a nice house?
Huh, I suppose this calls for more mockery. My grandparents were all dead prior to my 11th birthday. So, in one sense, this question doesn't apply. And in at least two others, it might.
Are there ever tornadoes where you live?
Fuck YEAH!
What was the last thing to wear you out?
Life does that quite well, quite regularly.
Do you talk to your best friend's parents, or do you avoid them?
One of my best friends' parents don't even know me. The others are hard to talk to since there's only one of them left.
Has anyone ever assumed you were dating someone when you weren't?
Not for VERY many years. It has occurred to me recently that perhaps I wasn't always aware if and when I was dating someone and when I wasn't. Talk about arriving late to a party!
Do you like Natalie Dee comics?
Nope. Mostly because a) I don't read comics, but also b) I've never heard of these.
Do you go to all of your school's sporting events?
Hmm, living as I do 999 miles (16 hours) from my high school, and 54.1 miles and 75 minutes from my college ... no.
Do you have a sketchbook?
Not to my knowledge, though the presence of one in this house wouldn't surprise me; we have just about every-damn-thing else.
What classes are you required to take this year?
I will be taking classes about using RDA. I should probably do some other continuing ed stuff too.
How many years will you be in college?
I spent 4 years getting two majors and two minors for my B.A. and less than 18 months getting my Master's Degree. I have no interest whatsoever in any more degrees. I don't need to stroke my ego that way any further.
Has anyone given you a gift this week?
Not...as such. I was given the gift of camaraderie and collegiality for three days (at a conference), which was then blown all to hell by the staff training at work on Friday.
Is your mother a prude?
She absolutely was. Dear God, we weren't even allowed to say "belly-button."

______________________________________________________________


1. Recall the last time you befriended someone you originally disliked or the last time you and friend fought and made up. What exactly happened between you two and what happened in order for you to forgive each other? Do you have any trust issues with this person because of what transpired between you?
I'm not about to blog anything "exactly" about an argument between a friend and me, but I will say that apologies were exchanged, accepted and we've moved on. And once again I found myself having said something abrupt and potentially hurtful to someone. The good thing about this time is that she called me on it immediately.
2. Have you ever moved houses? What were all the circumstances of that event? For example, when, where, why did you move? If you've been living in the same house all your life, when do you plan on moving out? What would be your ideal living location? Who would you want to live with?
My dad actually moved houses after pre-building them. And that is the only answer I feel this question deserves.
3. What are some of the goals or plans you have set for the next five years? How likely are these plans to change? When is the last time a dream you had for the future completely changed? Are you the type of person to meticulously plan everything out or would you rather live by the moment?
I'm almost 48-1/2 years old and have determined that I do not "do" 5-year-plans. I skate through pretty much dealing with immediate issues only. It's not my best trait.
5. If you could have free tickets to a concert, what band would you want to see? Who would you take and what kind of venue would you like it to be in? Basically, what would be your ideal concert experience?
I would like to see Melissa Ethridge, Dolly Parton, or Gogol Bordello. And if I could get limo'd to and from the venue, that would be awesome. I do NOT like the crowd aspect of concerts.
6. When is the last time you told yourself that this day was the best day of your life? What happened on that day? When is the last time you told yourself that this day was the worst day of your life? What happened on that day?
I have a lot of Best Days and quite a few Worst Days too. Worst Days have been outnumbering the Best Days this past year by a factor of about 8 to 1 and most involve Beast's relative health. Best Days involve good weather, being ignored at work, and finding a happy place in which a great deal is accomplished.
7. What is the last song you listened to? Is there a specific time you remember listening to this song? Is it a happy or sad memory?
I haven't listened to any music of note since church this morning. The last song I listened to was the offertory, and I have no memory of it beyond our music guy doing a lovely job as usual.
8. How has this day been for you so far? What are some things you did throughout the day? Has this been a pretty ordinary day or is it special? What is the predominant mood you've been?
I went to church, taught the little kids Sunday School, rehearsed on bells, performed and sat through the rest of worship, took down the bell stuff, chatted, came home, cleaned the guinea pig cage, worked on a music project, IM'd with Beast....watched TV. All-in-all, a pretty good day.
9. As people grow throughout the years, most of their personalities and interests change. What are some personality traits or interests that you've kept throughout your growth?
I still like church history, an interest sparked in college. I still like to read, which I've been doing for almost 45 years. I love music--I grew up with that from birth, I think. I'm not nearly as shy as I used to be, however, so that is a major sea change.
10. What is your current job? Is this far from what you want to do in the future or do you only keep this job as a source of income? When do you plan on changing your job into something you want to do? What are some of the things you like and dislike about your job? If you don't have a job, how you earn money? When do you plan on applying for a job and what is stopping you from doing so now?
I love my job. I (currently) LOATHE my workplace however. I keep entertaining fantasies of applying and being hired to catalog for a book vendor to get away from (some of) the people at work. Seriously. I haven't felt this way about the job I was in since 1993. That particular workplace only got another 10 months out of me after that point.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.