Sunday, April 22, 2012

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday Seven

Name seven of trademarks you most often find yourself using generically.
  1. Chapstick (use it everyday, even though it's not always that brand)
  2. Kleenex (ditto, although in this case it usually is that brand)
  3. Scotch tape (which I use on purpose because I know it's trademarked by a company who shares (or has shared) some marketplace demogs with Beast)
  4. Band-Aids (sorry, I refuse to call 'em "Curads")
  5. Velcro (really--what else are we going to call it?)
  6. Jello (except when I'm in England calling it "jelly")
  7. PowerPoint (because we don't have any Macs in the library, and that's the ONLY place I ever refer to it at all)
Honorable mentions:
  1. Ping-Pong (this really out to go off the trademarked list, no?)
  2. Q-tips (like velcro, what else are we to call 'em--"ear cleaners"?? I use Q-tips for more than that, and besides, in my house they usually are branded because the off-brands suck)
Ironically, the only one of these trademarked words that show up as problematic for spellcheck is "Chapstick."  (and "spellcheck") Now that is weird!

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

This is a good list.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.