Saturday, April 28, 2012

Six Word Saturday

(Link in meme-roll)

The beginning of a long wait.

Or maybe the beginning of the END of not knowing what's next--but that's way more than six words! Beast went to the back surgeon yesterday (on his way home from another overnight at the hospital) where we got agreement that his back is beyond non-surgical help. So it looks like sometime mid-May, he'll be going under the knife. He's not particularly thrilled, but he's in so much pain ALL the time now that there really is no other alternative. He's getting closer and closer to being non-functional most of the day. Today he got up about 9:30ish, talked to Sparky by Skype, IM'd with me for an hour or so and crashed in his recliner for 4 hours. When I got home from work, I woke him up. He's still awake now...or so he claims. I would take any bets on that myself.

Anyway, he needs to get medical clearance from his regular doctor for surgery. And make sure the insurance company will cover it. And talk to his boss about recovery (and, from my perspective, the next couple of weeks as well, since I'm not sure he'll be able to put many work hours in). Luckily, Sparky will be home from school by the time he has the surgery, so he (Sparky) will be able to help me with whatever needs doing.

I just hope the next 3 weeks goes by FAST!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.