Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I Must Be Seeing Things

1. Have you ever watched something unfold, that as you watched, you could not believe what you've witnessed?
Yes. It's not all that rare. I'm fairly easily stunned by things, at least at some level. People never cease to amaze me.
2. What is your favorite city in the world? Why?
I love London. I really, seriously, ADORE London. I also like Inverness, San Diego, Rome and Athens, though the latter is more in spite of the city than because of the city. Chicago is full of surprises. I'm very comfortable in Leicester. Leningrad is beautiful. And my heart will always be in Denver.
3. What is the strangest film, to your sense of reality, that you have ever seen?
I can't sit through "A Clockwork Orange." I've tried several times, and it just freaks me out WAY too much in the first 5 minutes.
4. It seems that the older that you get, the less you want the hassle of seeing a live concert. Who is an artist or a band that you'd actually pay to see?
Melissa Etheridge. Or Dolly Parton. The latter because she probably won't be touring that many more years, and the former because she rocks AND tells it true.
5. When was the last time that you lost your temper?
Completely? Oh, that's been a long time. I do remember shouting at the ER doctor in November, as was Beast, but mainly I remember because the cops babysitting the drunk in the next room came over and told us to quiet down.
6. When you were little, did you think "sex" was a bad word?
It was such a bad word I didn't even learn it till we started doing The Talk at school. Seriously, I had no idea at all, none, zippo.
7. What does your smart phone do that really surprised you when you loaded the app?
Well, there seem to be quite a lot of faulty suppositions here. The alarm on my "smart phone" just went off to tell me I have to change the laundry. That's the smartest my phone gets, aside from telling me to spell "Dad" as "ad" the other day.
8. Have you ever been attracted to someone that you should not have been? (Feel free to take this lame question any way that you please.)
Of course. I mean, actually, that started before I knew what sex was. I was, after all, planning to marry the boy across the street at age 5 and life in the bush in his front yard.
9. Will you see the new "The Three Stooges" film?
Why should I start watching the genre now when I have, to date, seen no Stooges' films?

3 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I guess Stooges was just a guy thing. I hate slap stick, yet I grew up loving those shorts...

I am Harriet said...

I was in San Diego last summer. It was really nice.
Have a great rest of your weekend.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/04/will-you-see-the-new-the-three-stooges-film/

Kwizgiver said...

I had such a hard time picking a favorite city! So many memories are tied up with them.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.