Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues
  1. Temperance: Eat not to Dullness, drink not to elevation
  2. Well, starting off with a flop for me. I don't drink much (anymore), but I'm afraid I have managed to eat myself into total Dullness repeatedly. Solid C
  3. Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling Conversation
  4. Oh, jeez!! It's hard to work where I work and not have "trifling Conversation" on a regular basis. I do try very hard to do the first part of this. C+
  5. Order: Let all your Things have their Places. Let each Part of your Business have its Time
  6. I am better about this at work than I am at home, but even at work I've been falling apart on this badly. D
  7. Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
  8. Finally!! I do ok on this one. A-
  9. Frugality: Make no Expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste Nothing
  10. I was excellent at this for a long time, but then I realized how much time and energy I was spending on it. So my grade has gone from an A+ to a B
  11. Industry: Lose no Time. Be always employ’d in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary Actions
  12. Is blogging "unnecessary"?? I don't think so. I almost never just sit around. I'm going with a B+ here.
  13. Sincerity: Use no hurtful Deceit. Think innocently and justly; and, if you speak; speak accordingly.
  14. Doing OK with this one till those last few words. B-
  15. Justice: Wrong none, by doing Injuries or omitting the Benefits that are your Duty.
  16. I try VERY hard on this one. A
  17. Moderation: Avoid Extremes. Forbear resenting Injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  18. And I work hard on this one too, but not always very successfully. B
  19. Cleanliness: Tolerate no Uncleanness in Body, Clothes, or Habitation
  20. ...crap. Did he have to include "Habitation" on the list? I do all right with the other ones. So B-?
  21. Tranquility: Be not disturbed at Trifles, or at Accidents common or unavoidable.
  22. F. Not even gonna TRY to sugar-coat it.
  23. Chastity: Rarely use Venery but for Health or Offspring; Never to Dullness, Weakness, or the Injury of your own or
    another’s Peace or Reputation.
  24. This is not my vice hence: A+
  25. Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
  26. I don't pay much attention to Socrates, though I have nothing against him. I'm docking myself a half a grade for not knowing precisely what I should be doing in relation to him. B

Overall Grade: B-

1 sweet-talkers :

Unknown said...

For #10 the "habitation" I would be grading myself a C, because my home is currently in remodeling shambles.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.