Saturday, March 3, 2012

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. When you hear that a movie is a likely nominee for an Academy Award, are you any more likely to watch that movie in the theater?
Nope. I'm over that particular guilt-trip.
2. When you hear that a movie you haven’t yet seen actually is nominated for an Academy Award, are you more likely to watch that film?
No; see above.
3. Of the nominated films this year, how many of them did you watch?
None...wait, I did watch "Bridesmaids" a couple of months ago.
4. Have a look at the former winners for Best Picture prior to this year. Which is the last one you remember watching at home?
I guess we have to go all the way back to The English Patient for that, though I saw it not long after it came out on video (or HBO).
5. From that same list, which is the last one you remember seeing in a theater?
Chicago. And that is why I love Beast: he sat through it with me, and even enjoyed it.
6. If you could experience any Best Picture winner in a theater environment, which would you choose?
Having not (yet) seen Casablanca, I wouldn't mind having seen it at its premiere in 1942. Except for the tiny detail of that being 21 years before I was born. ;-)

1 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

But one of these days (ha), Amy's going to bring Casablanca to your place, and we'll watch it, and you can see what all the fuss is about. It's the only movie ever that, as soon as the final credits rolled, I wanted to immediately start watching again. I'm not making any promises, of course, but I think you might like it.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.