Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Moving

1. When did you last move residences?
It was just over 8 years ago when we moved into this house. How do I know? Because it was October and just cooling off at night but still nice enough in the daytime, because I started my first blog just about 3 months later.
[Technically, however, I helped 'move residences' for someone else this past summer. And we moved Sparky into his dorm in August, of course.]
2. What song leaves you completely unmoved even though it seems everyone else is moved by it?
While I like the verse in Isaiah the lyrics were taken from, and I love the tune, I hate this song because of the stupid trees clapping their hands. Since when do trees have hands to clap?*
Also, what the heck is the woman in the freeze-frame of the video wearing??
3. On what kinds of mornings is it easiest for you to jump out of bed and get moving?
Mornings when something fun is coming up are really easy. Mornings when it's dark and cold and same-old/same-old are impossible.
4. What object do you get most annoyed about when people move it without letting you know?
It makes me nuts when people at work don't put things away when they aren't using them: supplies, their keys, copier paper (don't leave #*@&ing YELLOW paper in it when you're done!), the hole punch.... This is why I keep the majority of my daily supplies inside my desk; what's on top is free and clear to take (and people do take pens and scratch paper all the time), but do NOT take my last sticky note or good pencil!!
It's also annoying when Beast takes the paper recycling container out of the office while he's sorting receipts or whatever in front of the TV in the living room. Why is it that that is when I always need to throw stuff in it??
5. In what way are you waiting on someone else to make a move?
Right now I'm waiting for Beast to clean up the dining room of all the random stuff from the past few months' of chaos in our lives so we have a place to eat Thanksgiving dinner. He's working on it as I speak. Beyond that, I'm waiting for him to be healthy-ish again in the back department.
And I'm waiting for more light-bulbs to come on for Sparky as he continues in college. It's been fun watching him have little (and bigger) a-ha! moments these last few months.
__________
* Why yes, as a matter of fact, I am a literalist in some things. I blame poor translation for this, but it may just be that I'm insane and unable to get over myself.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.