Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Thoughts I've Had This Week
  1. My boss is annoying. That sentence is the biggest understatement of the month, and possible of the year.
  2. We have a genetic problem in my bloodline that involves getting lost every time one of us approaches the City to the West of Us. Latest victim: Sparky. Beast seems immune.
  3. I love working the Reference Desk!
  4. ...except when Crazy Patron Hour arrives. Actually, that can be sort of fun, too--"Hindus and Jesus! Hindus and JESUS!! He was in India, you know?!"--depending on which brand of crazy is on offer.
  5. "Great Books" means Stuff Written By Dead White Men At Least 125 Years Ago. Still, the library probably should have one free-standing copy of each Shakespeare play, and "Origin of Species" as well.
  6. How much do I value my free time? Is now the time? Do I mind if the offer is never raised again? Ugh.
  7. Sparky finds his parents deadly boring. We are. OK, moving on.
  8. Beast's back seems to be getting better. So are some other things. Finally. Yay.
  9. The problem with revolution is that one never really has control of things after the first gunshot.
  10. Ghost Whisperer has been renamed, by Beast, Ghost Eyelasher, which makes me laugh a lot. And I can't stop watching this ridiculous show, so laughing is good.
  11. Some people are addicted to drugs; I'm addicted to Bejeweled.
  12. My family isn't nearly as dysfunctional as other people's families are.
  13. Smoke detectors that need batteries sound VERY MUCH like CO detectors that need batteries, especially at midnight, in one's bedroom.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Bejeweled. Oy. Second major time suck, first being Farmville. ;-)

colleen said...

I have that same DNA, only it's north, east, south and east. http://looseleafnotes.com

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.