Thursday, October 20, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
Exotic animals in black wedding dresses create a stink

1) With today (Oct. 20) being "Shampoo Day," I'm curious... Do you actually "rinse and repeat" or just rinse without repeating?
The only time I "repeat" is when my hair is WAAAAYYYYY filthy. That would make it about twice a year and it would also involve gardening, camping, lengthy power outages (thus no water pressure), etc.
2) The 2011 World Series kicked off Wednesday with the St. Louis Cardinals beating the Texas Rangers. If you went a baseball game today, what would you buy from the concession stands?
A sweatshirt. It's way too cold to be at a baseball game today!!
3) October is National Squirrel Awareness Month. Do you find squirrels to be cute animals, annoying pests, or something in between?
I love squirrels. They are adorable. No, I'm serious. If they wanna eat the birdseed, that's their problem.
4) On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign?
I would be very confused and hope I didn't have a breakdown. That would be my luck.
5) Researchers from University College London has published the results of a study on Facebook's effect on the brain. They say the size of some parts of the brain correlate to how many friends people have on Facebook. How do you feel about the effect of today's social media on your brain?
My brain is rotting and falling out of my sinuses right now, and I totally blame Facebook. I'm sure it's not allergies. Or a cold.
6) The authors of that study also said that the people studied with the biggest Facebook friends list tended to have the most "real world" friends. How does the amount of your "real world" friends compare to the friends you have solely over the Internet?
I'm not sure how to quantify this. I will say this: there is only one person on my friends list on Fb that I don't know--I should delete her since I don't even play that game anymore--and I don't think I have any friends who are actually animals IRL. So I think I'm doing ok.
7) For her Fall 2012 clothing line, Vera Wang has created a bunch of black wedding dresses. What would you think if you went to a wedding and the bride surprised everyone by wearing a fully black dress?
I don't care what people wear at weddings. Really. I guess I'd be a little shocked at first, but in the end the dress is not the marriage.
8) My fiance and I had to remove two dead mice from behind my couch this week. Talk about a disgusting stench. What has been the worst odor you remember smelling recently?
Two ballasts (i.e. light fixtures) went out at work today. The one in the children's room wasn't so bad, but damn the one in the workroom gave me a killer headache; it smelled like burnt skunk. I am NOT a fan of skunk, but burnt skunk is far worse.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.