Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumn meme

(Swiped from Kwizgiver)

Have you ever been apple picking? Yes, but not recently. We went a lot when Sparky was a little kid. I can't be outside in the fall for too long (stupid allergies), so I don't go anymore.

Is there a dish you make/eat only during this time of the year? Next weekend is our annual neighborhood Chili Cookoff, so I'll be making chili for that. It's actually a competition, so maybe this year I'll do some kind of competing instead of doing the kind of chili I actually like.

Will you attend a ‘tail gate’ party this season? Not my thing at all.

When do you turn on the heat? When overnight lows dip into the 40s, we turn the heat on low overnight. Once the high never gets above about 60, we reprogram the thermostat for winter. It's done. ...sigh

How many sweaters do you own? Wow, probably about 10 heavy sweaters, and about 3 turtlenecks (that fit). I have about 5 sweatshirts too, and several long-sleeved T-shirts, but honestly I can't wear anything too heavy at work because in the winter it's usually about 80 degrees in my cubicle.

Are you fond of Nouveau Beaujolais wine? I'm not overly fond of red wine, but at least now I know why this is in a meme about autumn.

Do you get excited about Halloween? I enjoy handing out candy to the little folks. And I like the candy.

How about Thanksgiving? It's my favorite holiday.

Is there an activity you do only in the autumn? You mean besides sneezing and coughing and generally feeling lousy for weeks on end? I enjoy watching the leaf color changing, but I don't go out driving to look around. I also like the smell of burning leaves, but only if I'm not close by (allergies) (again).

Have you ever burned leaves? It's been illegal pretty much everywhere I've lived where we've had measurable leaf output. In this area, burning is legal two days a week, but we don't ever have leaves hanging around our yard--too much wind and no fence. ;-)

Do you own any ‘scarecrow’ decorations? Nope. I'm really not one for kitschy seasonal decor, except Christmas, of course.

Do you plant bulbs? I try to remember to. In fact, I bought some several weeks ago--I wonder where I put them... I should do that soonish.

Your fondest autumn memory? We moved into this house almost exactly 8 years ago. It was a beautiful season, and a full moon. I remember because we had no curtains, so the moon absolutely lit up our bedroom when we tried to go to sleep. Also, our realtor brought us a fresh apple pie as a housewarming gift, which was delish.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I really appreciate a simple, baked apple pie this time of year. My sisters all prefer apple crisp, but I love a pie with crumble top.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.