Thursday, August 18, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
Cleaning up stains and contemplating life

1) A man has gained national attention after he climbed onto a Tulsa, Oklahoma, communications and stayed up there for more than six days as authorities tried to coax him down. (Click here if you're interested in reading the story.) If you wanted to go somewhere to contemplate the meaning of life, where would you go?
No place public. A desert, a cave, a forest, a mountain, a basement for God's sake. NOT a tower.
2) If you (or your spouse/significant other) lost your job today, how long could you survive living off your savings?
If Beast lost his job, we'd be good for over a year even without much major budget cutting. If I lost my job, we would just cut and not touch our savings, unless we needed the money to pay for Sparky's college.
3) What do you wish someone could invent a pill for?
Uhm. There've been many times when I'd have loved to have a pill that would fill me up and keep me healthy instead of having to eat. Not that I don't like to eat, but it would certainly simplify dieting!
4) You spill something on your white shirt at lunch. What do you do about it -- do you find another shirt change into, find a jacket to cover up with, use a Shout wipe or a Tide/Clorox pen to clean it, or ignore the obvious spot and keep wearing the shirt?
Buy a new shirt. I've actually done this. It's why Culver's is right next to Wal-Mart in my town. ;-)
5) How do you feel about TV shows and movies that random musical numbers in them?
They don't bother me, much. I grew up with Rodgers & Hammerstein. Well, not really, but their movies anyway.
6) Do you have a "lucky" article of clothing or some other good luck charm?
Nope. Don't believe in this kind of shit.
7) Today (August 18) is Bad Poetry Day. If your significant other wrote you a poem that was absolutely horrible, would you be honest about how bad it is or just go ahead and shower him/her with praise for the work put into writing it?
Those two options aren't mutually exclusive, eh? I'd probably applaud the effort and suggest it be applied elsewhere, like in purchasing flowers or something.
8) If you had to describe your personality only by saying the name of a color, what color would you be?
Smalt.
9) You're invited to a wedding and find out the couple has chosen to do a potluck reception instead of having it catered. How would you feel about having to bring food to the wedding instead of being feed for free?
Well, there goes the wedding gift, right? OK, in reality, this would be fine if I weren't traveling very far for the wedding. One of my nieces wanted to have everyone bring a cupcake to the wedding to build their cake. Fortunately, her family talked her out of this since at least 10 guests were flying in from overseas. However, for a small intimate wedding, I see nothing wrong with a potluck.
10) Do you read critics' reviews of movies before you go watch them?
Since I don't go to movies more than once a year, and I read Entertainment Weekly religiously, I think the answer goes without saying.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.