Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday 13

(Link in meme-roll)
Recent fun in my life
  1. Watching random crime shows on basic satellite channels: SVU, Bones, CSI, NCIS. It makes for some interesting thought patterns.

  2. I dreamed last night that I was expecting triplets. Everything else about my life was the same except for this change. Sparky was heading to college, I was working at my library, Beast was doing his thing. Plus, triplets. WTF?

  3. I miss our children's librarian. Her last day was last Friday and we are astoundingly poorer for having lost her. I'm pissed at the boss about it. I need to get over that, and be reasonable.

  4. The joys of navigating hospice stuff has commenced (for FIL).... As ever, it moves at a glacial pace.

  5. My niece's cat died yesterday. I think she and her husband are down to two now. Perhaps soon I'll be able to be in their house without having to wash my hands incessantly and taking double doses of allergy meds.

  6. I dropped $350 on Sparky's college dorm supplies (Round One) Monday.

  7. After spending about 2 hours on the phone over the past week, and another hour (at least) online, it appears that the Dell computer we ordered for Sparky two weeks ago is FINALLY SHIPPING TODAY. Yeesh.

  8. Got a call from the credit card folks today: we've been hacked. Or, I bought $3000 worth of aluminum this week without realizing it. Sigh. New cards on the way, we aren't responsible for these charges. I will be interested to look at our recent charges to see what else we "bought."

  9. The previous fun explains why Dell said my account was blocked last night in the midst of getting that damn laptop sorted out.

  10. Cleaning up series in the catalog is really !)$*ing tedious. I finished the list from last OCTOBER today. Woo. Hoo.

  11. Allergy season has commenced, along with Asian beetle season. Maybe I'm allergic to the beetles...?

  12. I hate Facebook right now. I've been randomly selected as a guinea pig and for the past 3 weeks I have had the stupidest layout known to humankind on my main newsfeed page. On top of which, I can't actually see what people are posting without spending forever scrolling down my main page. I'm already on G+, but so far it's so minimalist that it's kind of hard to really know what to do with it.

  13. One of my favorite families at church is moving back to the state to our east. I'm beyond sad. I'll miss the kids, the parents, and their just-graduated-from-high-school daughter who is going to school about 1200 miles away from here. Grrr.

2 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

re: #5, I think there had been only two (judging by a convo at the party). If the remaining one is low-dander, you and your upcoming child invasion should be safe to visit!

BTW, I am not babysitting.

Cat. said...

Yeah, not. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.