Thursday, July 28, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
Smurfs wearing ripped jeans

1) One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love?
Yeah, it's dumb, and usually a deal-breaker for me. It all started with "Bewitched" and the Great Darrin Swap...and I've never really gotten over it. Is it really that hard to just create a new character??
2) Who do you feel is the most influential person of your generation in terms of music?
"Of my generation"?? So, of all the 45-50 year olds out there? Sadly, it's probably someone like Jon Bon Jovi or Tommy Lee or something....
3) A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the "five things you should know before dating a journalist." As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you?
I read a lot, I'm picky about details, I don't like to leave questions unanswered, and you won't want to play trivia games with me.
4) What is your opinion of denim jeans that are sold with pre-made rips and fading?
Ridiculous. Just...wow, stupid upon stupid. Jeez, go to Goodwill and save your money, people!
5) The United States Postal Service has announced a proposal to close many of its rural post offices. Are you someone who still goes to a post office? Would it upset you if your post office closed?
I do go to the post office: we have a p.o. box in town because our rural post office is incompetent and can't deliver mail on time. And I go in and buy stamps and ship assorted things too. We even have pretty friendly employees at our (town) p.o.!
6) What is something you often do without realizing that you're doing it?
Bite my nails. Roll my eyes. Drift off while listening to something boring (like my boss's speeches).
7) Go to Urban Dictionary (click here), type in your first name, and paste one or two of your favorite definitions. The funnier the better.
I quite like this one:
cat
A quite pleasant furry creature that vaguely resembles a meatloaf. Cats are the most intellectually superior creature on Earth. They are particularly adept at training human beings to do their bidding, and spend 18 hours a day on average apparently sleeping. What they are really doing is coming up with ways to take over the Earth while still retaining humans to make that yummy cat food for them. If cats had opposable thumbs, they, not us, would be the dominant force on this planet.
I don't agree with a lot of it, but I like the meatloaf part a lot.
8) The "Smurfs" movie hits U.S. theaters tomorrow, and I want to know ... if you were a Smurf, what would your name be?
I would kill myself if I were a Smurf. I hate the Smurfs. I hate the ads for the movie. I really really really don't get why we need to revisit this particular horror of 70s pop culture.
9) With temperatures running above 100 degrees every day in my area, this topic has come up several times for me lately. Would you consider getting Botox injections to your armpits to decrease sweating?
Uhm, really? I think I'd rather be a Smurf....
10) I spent a couple hours Wednesday night hiccuping. What is your remedy to cure the hiccups? Everyone always has a different solution and none of them work for me.
Fill a big glass with water. Hold your breath while leaning over the glass and drink out of the opposite side of the glass as much as you can before you run out of air. It does work, but I think the key here is to distract yourself from the hiccuping.

1 sweet-talkers :

jennifer said...

Your comments about the Smurfs had me literally laughing out loud.

Thanks for getting the link in the meme roll

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.