Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
White Wedding

1. Tell us about the most recent wedding you attended.
It was in England in April. A city-hall wedding followed by a really lovely reception in historical garden with lots of food. Lots and lots and lots of food. We kept getting more food, and we left before the cake was even served. Crazy. Good music. Fun.
2. Do you enjoy attending weddings, or do they bore you to tears?
I like weddings unless they are relentlessly self-indulgent. I'm also not a fan of having no one to talk to at the reception, or attending a wedding where you just know things are not going to work out.
3. Does marriage in general make you feel confident and good inside, or skeptical?
Depends on the couple. We have good friends who are a walking advertisement for how not to "do" marriage, but they've been together 23 years, dragging themselves, their children, and the rest of us down with them when we're around.
4. Do you have a photo blog? (If so, feel free to share the link with us.)
Nope.
5. Do you find yourself driving less due to the high gas prices?
Nope. I live 8 miles from work, mostly country miles. There are two or three buses into town per day and about the same coming back. Getting to the grocery store by public transportation is a huge pain in the ass. Yes I do, I live in America: land of personal vehicle ownership.
6. What's the high temperature today where you are?
Probably about 90, so relatively cool, but humid. OMG.
7. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." Agree, or no?
I REALLY need to read ahead on these things! lol I do agree with this, statement. Up to a point. When it's 115, humidity or no, I need to be out of the heat.
8. What's the hottest you've ever been in your life?
Inside the supply tent in D'Iberville, June of 2006, when I went inside looking for something (a tarp?) that I couldn't find. I think I was in there for 5 minutes and I really thought I was going to stop breathing. Stepping out of the tent into 95-degree 95% humidity felt like stepping into a refrigerator.
9. Non-temperature related last question: In your opinion... who's hot?
People who don't necessary dwell on their relative hotness.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.