Friday, July 22, 2011

W.T.F.

(Link in meme-roll)
A crime-fighting dog and talking cat

1) The Comic-Con International convention started Thursday in San Diego, featuring representatives from a variety of pop culture (sci-fi, horror, superhero comics, anime, etc.). Have you ever attended a convention (of any sort)? If so, what was it for?
I've been to work-related conventions several times. I've been to a couple churchy things too. Those are weird enough for me.
2) When you go to a movie theater with another person, which arm rest do you claim? The left or the right or do you need control of both of them?
I end up leaning toward the person I came with, but I don't think I hog the arm rest.
3) Recently a 10-pound chihuahua named Paco helped foil an armed store robbery in Altadena, California, (watch the surveillance video here). What breed of dog are you most scared of?
Any dog that's been docked or cocked or surgically altered is suspect. Yes, even the neutered ones. I mean, really: wouldn't you be short-tempered if people messed with your ears, dick, or tail??
4) When telemarketers call you, do they mispronounce your last name?
I don't answer the phone unless I know the number or suspect it's not a telemarketer.
5) The NBA and NFL lockout situations have been the talk of my office for weeks. Have you been following the lockout news? Are you concerned about how the negotiations will turn out?
I couldn't possibly care less about the NBA, buncha whiners all of 'em. I hope the NFL gets its poop together though. I'll miss the season if they don't play....{sniffle}
6) Sunday (July 24) is National Drive-Thru Day. What are your favorite restaurants to go through the drive-thru at? Are there any restaurants you wish had drive-thrus that don't?
I spend far too much time at McDonalds in the drive-through. Sigh. I wish Subway had a drive-thru, or Jimmy Johns.
7) In the book "It's Kind of a Funny Story" and the movie based on the book, the main character draws maps of people's brains. If a map was drawn of your brain, would would your map look like? Would it be like a city with well organized streets and big highways or would it be a rural area? Would there be rivers or mountains or parks?
There's definitely going to be big vacant spaces, like Wyoming, in my mind, but probably some organized streets and lovely parkways.
8) What would you do if a talking cat showed up at your front door?
Slam the door. I'm allergic to non-talking cats; imagine what my immune system would do with one that speaks!
9) A recent study showed that the baby boomer generation (ages 47-65) does not think that they're "old." What age do you consider "old?"
OK, if there is anyone more self-deluded than NBA players, it's baby boomers. Old is what you feel after a long day doing physical labor. Old is when you have to take more than 9 pills a day to stay alive. Old is when you have adult grandchildren. Old is when over half your high school class is in the cemetery.
10) If you could go back and change something about your teenage years, what would it be?
I wouldn't be so freakin' shy!

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

"I mean, really: wouldn't you be short-tempered if people messed with your ears, dick, or tail??" Depends on what they were doing? ;)

Cat. said...

Well, I was thinking about surgically removing them, or at least cutting them back, but I should have expressed it better. lol

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.