Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Seriously Random Question Meme, Part 1

1. Your ex's car is on the side of the road, on fire. What do you do?
In the real world, I have no idea what any of my exes drive, and none of them live nearby (that I'm aware of). In this fantasy, I would say I'd probably pull over all call 911 at least. If we parted on generally good terms, I'd stick around, otherwise I'd just hit the road again.
2. Your best friend tells you she is pregnant. What is your reaction?
"HOW the hell did THAT happen?!" And then check to see if she is happy or sad, flabbergasted or furious. Oh, and by the way, this goes for BOTH of my best friends.
3. When is the last time you wanted to punch someone in the face?
Wednesday at work when Crazy Cat Woman called in 'sick' (with vertigo, a common complaint) on her first scheduled day back after 10 days of vacation. Meanwhile, Mrs. Kiddie Lit had a program for summer reading that day, but could barely speak and felt like hell. Give me a break CCL--wham!
4. What is the last thing you spent money on?
Underwear and office supplies. Online. Last night.
5. Do you think you gained or lost weight this past month?
Unfortunately, my weight has not changed for the better. Or at all; I guess that's the good news.
6. Crunchy or Puffy Cheetos?
CRUNCHY! I loathe the puffy ones. But I don't want the super-spicy ones either.
7. The first person on your friends list just called you a bitch. What do you do?
Well, since I don't have a friends list per se, I will go back to those BFFs--they were probably calling it as they saw it. Which is why they are BFFs.
8. Congratulations! You just had a son. What's his name?
Erstaunen. Or maybe just cut to the chase: Jesus.
9. Congratulations! You just had a daughter. What’s her name?
Asombrame. Or the female version of Jesus.
10. What are you craving right now?
Sugar. As always. You should really know better than to ask me that question.
11. What was the last thing you cried about?
Beast. He's had a very rough month. I wish I could help, but I can't do much.
12. When you buy something and your change is 2 cents, do you keep it or tell the cashier to keep it?
I usually put it in the penny cup, assuming there is one on the counter.
13. What color is your tissue box?
The one next to me on the couch is purple and white. The one across the room by Beast is gray and white. The one upstairs in the bathroom is blue and white. The one on my nightstand is brown and white. The ones in my car are green, and (I think) blue and white. ... Shall I continue? It's allergy season, after all.
14. Do you have a ceiling fan in your bedroom, and if so, is there dust on that fan?
Yes, and yes. There always is. However, I did wipe down the blades within the past month or so, so it's not horrific.
15. What was the last voicemail you received about?
How wonderful Sparky is because he wrote a thank-you note for an unexpected graduation gift.
16. Have you ever blocked someone on Facebook?
Yup. A couple of friends of friends who were constantly saying offensive things. I also have a couple of my friends blocked so they can't see my status updates; they friended me but they barely spoke to me in high school. I have trust issues, no?
17. Scariest thing you’ve experienced in the last year?
Probably the moment in March just before I drove into the back end of my neighbor's truck.
18. Do you wear a name tag at work?
Only when I'm scheduled to work at a public desk. I really need to get into the habit of putting it on as soon as I walk in the door every day.
19. What kind of car do you want?
I have a new-to-me Ford Escape. It's good. Closest I'm ever likely to get to a real Jeep for sure.
20. What do you order when you go to Burger King?
Yesterday, I ordered a Whopper Jr. without the tomato. It was a little bit awful, to be honest. WAY too sauce-y. I'm not a huge fan of BK overall.

4 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

OK. You really would ask, "HOW the hell did THAT happen?!" Better find a book and read up on how someone gets pregnant. You HAVE been married a long time... ;)

Kwizgiver said...

Bud's comment made me chuckle out loud. :-)

And how nice of Sparky to write thank you notes. I just sent out a couple of my own to thank the seniors that gave me gifts!

Cat. said...

lol Neither of these friends is likely to get pregnant by the standard method. For a variety of reasons, there is no (or damned little) sharing of body fluids occurring for them. Yes, girls talk about this. ;-)

Sparky's thank you notes were written with The Wrath of God standing over him. ...ahem...

amy said...

This whole comment thread made me *roar*! :D

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.