Sunday, June 12, 2011

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Sunday 7

Name seven things you like about your home state.
I'm in a bit of a quandary. The state in which I've lived for the past 17 years still doesn't feel like home; the state in which I grew up and lived for 18+ years is home. Is that ever going to change?? I'm challenging myself today to come up with seven good things about where I am now...
  1. Winters are (slightly) less horrific than the state just north of us. We lived near one of the Big Lakes then and the sun essentially disappeared for 2-3 months every winter. Yuck.
  2. Everything grows here, no special gardening skills needed. Plant it and ignore it--PRESTO!
  3. Water. Everywhere. In the good sense, that means droughts (REAL droughts) are uncommon and wildfires virtually unheard of.
  4. I still love my house. It's been 7.5 years since we moved in and I adore it.
  5. There is culture all around us: theater, dance, music, whatever, all within 90 minutes of my house in dozens of venues.
  6. Unlike where I grew up, there is a solid, functional mass transit system in place. While we don't have a 'real' bus system where I live, we are on a commuter train line, and near a major airport.
  7. I have a great job, a good church, and a wonderful safety net of family and friends here.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Those are nice qualities of your new home. Although calling it new after 17 years seems weird. But I know what you mean.

Cat. said...

I don't really call it new, but I don't think of it as home either.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.