Friday, January 14, 2011

Rock 'n Roll Fridays

(Link in meme-roll)
The Beach Boys

1. SURFER GIRL : “I have watched you on the shore, standing by the ocean drawer, do you love me do you surfer girl”
Were you ever interested in someone (other than a celebrity) who did not return your interest?
This describes most of junior high and high school.
2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy...”
Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days?
Looking back, they were awesome and easy and all, but at the time it was drama-drama-drama and not much fun.
3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…”
What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager?
Guilt, and yelling. Occasionally my mom got in my face, and when I was 18 she slapped me for sassing her (and without thinking I slapped her right back). I was a really easy kid, considering.
4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around”
Where did you go on your last long trip?
The Midlands.
5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind”
What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship?
Personal tragedy=power outage? Really? That happens monthly for me. I guess I didn't realize my life was so horrible! (lol) TO cheer up, I usually eat.
6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand”
Where are the best boys found?
I wouldn't know. I'm not in the market for boys; really never have been.
[Off-topic: when I was in high-school, in Colorado, we changed the lyric to "Colorado girls" and made some other adjustments; yeah we were red-iculous, but not lacking in self-aggrandizement.]
7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…”
What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on?
I did not enjoy the 'trip' on morphine during labor 18 years ago. As for travel, the trip in #4 was not great, and the trip home after my dad died was pretty awful. Flying with an under-two-year-old, stand-by, with a bitch-mom-from-hell in front of me...gah.
8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…”
What is your biggest wish?
To stop living in other people's emotional space. In fact, that might be a good new year's resolution.
9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room”
What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office?
I love the colors, I love the windows, I love the artwork, prior to today's nap I loved my bed, I love the closets, I love the floor...
10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you”
When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them?
I told Beast before I hung up a couple of hours ago. Not sure if he heard me over the plane noise at his end.
11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…”
When do you get good vibrations?
heh...right...
12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…”
What is your favorite warm weather destination?
"Warm" is enough for me. [Off-topic: I hate this song.]
13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…”
If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again?
I think I'd like to hit Gatti's for za and not get dramatic with everyone. Part of that would be a nice change.

3 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Not liking morphine is un-American if you ask me. (Did I type that or just think it?) ;) Happy Friday!

Cat. said...

Not when you throw up for an hour, try to claw your eyes out for several hours, and develop massive paranoia for several weeks as a result of one shot. Oh, and pain relief? None. Nada. Did I mention labor? [having a Bill Cosby flashback...]

But I applaud the sentiment and raise a toast of Smirnoff to you anyway. ;-)

annies home said...

oh the days of drama I would never go back to them

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.