Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Half the Man I Used to Be

1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that your were ten years ago?
What is it with the "ten years ago" questions this week?? Ten years ago I was living in a house I hated, had recently started a new work routine at MPOW, and had not yet started to battle with Sparky's 2nd-grade teacher. I am very different about how I handle day-to-day stuff because I know (and trust) myself more, but overall pretty much the same.
2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to?
I really have to pay very close attention to some activities at work, or just not do them at all. Can't think of anything else. Maybe sleep? :-)
3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much?
I'll throw $20-50 at the video poker machines in Vegas every trip, and occasionally get into a football pool. Otherwise, no.
4. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed?
I can sleep, or at least doze, anywhere: passenger seat in the car, couch, airplane seats, head-down on my desk (though not where I work now--too many cackling, noisy co-workers around).... The older I get, the better I get at this skill.
5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you've ever made on someone.
Well there was that plea to a fairly proper British woman to "please just speak English" about five years ago. I blame an extreme case of jet lag.
6. Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's?
Beast used to damage or rip some article of his clothing every time we went to one of our friends' house. Usually it was because of some kind of repair he was doing for them, but one time he was playing catch and dove into a flower bed, landing on a tomato stake and ripping his shorts from about an inch from the crotch to the outside leg seam. Pretty awesome.
7. What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it about the same?
I've changed the look on all of them more than once, and changed the pace fairly often too. I guess what hasn't changed is that I'm still anonymous, few people who know me IRL read my blog, and I can be brutally honest (these are all related, by the way).
8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be?
W. - T. - F. ? REALLY?! See #1.
OK, I think I'd go with Dr. Spock's advice to trust myself as Sparky's mom and not let strangers (even teachers) coerce me into stuff that is ridiculous and even damaging to him. I'd probably be a real thorn in the side of a couple of his teachers.
And I'd suggest that I call or write my mom more.
9. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done?
Throwing trash back at the people who threw it at us at a 4th of July thing. They were drunk, and everyone we were with thought I had just started a war. Heh.

4 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You started a war? Wow. Who won? ;)

Kwizgiver said...

I haven't changed much with my blog, other than the memes are more consistent. I'm too boring.

Wendy said...

O.k. anonymous, you have me laughing at really each of your answers...I always like the "Sparky" one's the best :)

Cat. said...

Bud--We didn't lose: the trash never came back to us at least. ;-)

K--Boring is good!!

Wendy--Sparky is actually the best in so many ways.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.