Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
Walking in Memphis

1. Robins have red breasts. Why are their eggs blue?
Chickens have red crests, and their eggs are brown or white. Maybe robins just eat a lot of blueberries.
2. The doorbell buzzes at the same moment the phone rings. Who was on the phone?
Must be your doorbell--mine doesn't buzz--but anyway it was the pizza guy on the phone.
3. It seems that there are several very popular memes each day of the week. Which meme did you first become a regular of?
Unconscious Mutterings.
4. It is about time that Berleen and Kimber meet in person. Should we start a collection to fly one of them to the other, or just hope Thom's bus and get from Hawaii to Kimber in Arizona and take her to Berleen in Minnesota?
OK. I want to watch the bus driving from Hawaii to Arizona. The rest is pretty much not of interest to me, since I'm not involved in the travel plans.
5. Tell us about your pets. Do you have one that you wish would run away?
Ruka doesn't run. He scampers in fear whenever we come near him, or make a lot of noise. When we put him outside on the porch, he scuttles under the woodpile and then stays there.
6. What was the last thing colored red that you wore?
Pajama pants. New ones to replace the ones I lost last week...the ones I wore precisely once. Grrrr.....
7. I have a train that runs by where I live several times a day. I actually find it peaceful. What's the longest journey that you have taken by train?
2500 miles one way, Irkutsk - Beijing. And a week later, the reverse trip. In January. Yes, I am fucking stupid as a matter of fact.
8. If Kimber threw a five dollar bill off a building that was five stories high, and Berleen threw a twenty off a build that was six stories high, who do you think would find the money?
Today it would probably end up in a Great Lake the way the wind is whipping around.
9. If reincarnation really happens, whose life would you like to know that you have already led?
I'll stick with a known quantity here and say mine.
10. What are your three favorite possessions?
Laptop, glasses, Mom's Bible.
11. A lot of people still believe that Elvis is alive. Have you ever worn blue suede shoes?
I have. They are upstairs, I think, unless I threw 'em out.
12. Do you have siblings? If yes, are you anything alike?
I look like two of my sisters, and we are from the same family so we have some of the same characteristics, but in many ways I'm very different from them, since I'm 10-20 years younger than all of them.
13. Has anyone ever asked you to strip naked and cluck like a chicken?
Not and lived to tell the tale.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I pity the fool who asked you to strip and cluck. That train ride was outrageous...

Cat. said...

No pity necessary--they have no worries anymore. ;-)

That train ride was quite bizarre in every way. Much like the army: a lot of boredom interspersed with periods of intense craziness.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.