Saturday, July 19, 2008

Four for Friday

(Link in blogroll)

Q1 - Television: In case you've missed the public service announcements in recent months, the federal government here in the United States has set February 17, 2009, as the date by which all television stations must discontinue broadcasting an analog signal. Are you prepared for the switchover? Are any of the televisions in your home currently unable to accept a digital signal?
We're ready, 100%.
Q2 - R.S.V.P.: According to The Emily Post Institute, your most important obligation as an invited wedding guest is to respond to the invitation immediately, especially if you are unable to attend. Generally speaking, how long does it take for you to R.S.V.P. to a wedding, dinner party, birthday party, etc? Do you R.S.V.P. right away or do you tend to wait till the last possible moment?
I try to do it as soon as we get the invite, certainly within a week. It sort of depends on the formality of th invite; if they took the time to create and mail invitataions, I'm more likely to RSVP immediately than someone mentioning vague details of a party to me in passing.
Q3 - Hug it Out: How do you feel about hugging? Do enjoy being hugged or does it make you feel uncomfortable?
I grew up in a VERY non-huggy household, which is weird...but that's another post. In my freshman year of college, I rediscovered hugs and I now give them out fairly willy-nilly. Having said that, being hugged by someone I don't really know (and/or don't really like) is pretty awful.
Q4 - Stunt: Pick a celebrity, any celebrity. Got one? Good. Now, picture yourself in charge of their next publicity stunt. Do tell... who is your celebrity and what would you have them do?
I would send Paris Hilton to a convent, preferably one where they practice silence as a discipline, and lock her in for the next 15 years. [I'd also be sure to have another unrelated career lined up for myself that started as soon as she took off.]

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.