Saturday, June 14, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. Do you think Tim Russert was among the greatest or worst political reporters?
I liked him. I wasn't a groupie or even a fan, but I appreciated his intelligence, humor, and even-handedness whenever I caught him (which hasn't been often lately since I virtually never watch news because I hate what has become of 'news' in the past 10 years...thanks to FOX). I also gained more respect for him when his book about his dad came out a few years ago. Good guy. A real shame that he died so young. He was among the best, and not even near being on a list of "worst." Anyone who thinks he should be there is on crack...or watched too much crap news (i.e. FOX).
2. What television public affairs/political program did you watch most often?
Over time, I've probably watched more 60 Minutes than any other real news show. Lately, as I said before, I don't watch anything unless I'm trying to find out about a specific situation: Katrina, 9/11, school shootings, election results, the current flooding in the Midwest, etc.
3. If you were running for office, would you think you’d feel any apprehension about being interviewed by a reporter like Russert?
I would if I'd done anything underhanded or something that I wanted to keep quiet. Since a) I wouldn't run for office, and b) if I did, I wouldn't lie like a rug, it's a moot point.
4. Take the quiz: Do you know the facts about heart attacks? Count your correct responses: how many of the seven questions did you answer correctly?
Before taking the test, I certainly hope I get a majority right, since my dad had 4 and my MIL has had, like 7!!

After taking the test, I will proudly state that I scored 7 of 7.
5. When did you last get a check-up from your physician: are you overdue for a check-up?
The last time I saw an "actual doctor" for an "actual physical" was a couple of years ago. I need to go see the Ob/Gyn for my yearly soon. And I have seen the nurse practitioner at my regular doctor's office about 3 times this year so far. My regular doctor left the clinic abruptly last fall and we've never re-upped.
6. Where do you stand on the popular issue of exercise: do you think you get too much or not enough? Are you any more inspired by Russert’s passing to change this?
I don't get enough exercise, not even close, and I know it. The lives and deaths of famous people has no effect whatever on my personal health behavior. Sorry, Tim, Katie, et al.; I listen to my doctors, not the media. Whether listening to my doctors means I change my behavior is a whole different kettle of fish, though. ;-)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.