Friday, June 13, 2008

Cinn's Friday 5

(Link in blogroll)
Ain't no drag- Papa's got a brand new bag!

[01] Will you tell us a nice memory of your dad?
I have lots of homey memories of my dad. It's funny what sticks in your head, really. The one that popped (ha ha ha) into my head when I read this was when I grabbed my dad's hand as we walked across a parking lot together during my senior year in college. It was shocking because I was used to holding Beast's hand. Dad's hand was so much smaller that I actually picked our hands up to look at it for the first time probably ever. There was a little shock of "this is the hand of a not-young man." He was 65ish.
[02] What role has your father played in who you are?
Dad is one of my 'gold standards' for ethical behavior. "Would Dad be proud of me? Would he understand my reasoning? Is it valid reasoning?"
[03] What about your dad do you find most admirable?
He was always willing to admit his mistakes.
[04] What TV dad did you wish you had?
I kinda wanted Cliff Huxtable or the father in My Three Sons or The Brady Bunch. But I liked my dad best.
[05] What friend's father did you want as your own?
None. My best friend's dad was mildly creepy, and I almost never met anyone else's dad. I wonder why. Huh...that's a commentary on our culture, eh?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.