Monday, February 4, 2008

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

Is there anything [too] serious to joke about? If so, what falls into that category for you?
I'm not overly fond of joking about torture, or about the stupidity of people other than the comedian's own people. For instance, I can deal with a woman talking about stupid women, but I am quite uncomfortable when a man tells the same jokes. And I also don't find sarcastic mean comments all that funny, like Sarah Silverman's comment about Britney's children being "mistakes." I'm not all that amused by physical humor (Three Stooges and most of Will Ferrell's oeuvre). Otherwise, I'll laugh at almost anything!
Would you rather be a tortured genius or a happy simple-minded person? Why?
Happy. I've had enough tortured genius stuff--and I don't like drama. Happy is way more unusual, and I'll be stupid and happy any day of the week over miserable.
A dear friend or family member has a terminal illness and is in agony. He/she wants you to help him/her die. What would you do?
No problem. I read "Final Exit" when it was released (it's all online now though). We'd work something out. Having said that, if the patient has all the proper legal documents (DNR orders, medical power of attorney, etc.) most doctors are going to play by the rules. When my sister was in her last weeks, she was allowed all the painkillers she wanted (up to a lethal dose), and she had laid out what was NOT to be used: feeding tube, CPR....etc. It wasn't pretty, but she wasn't in pain.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.