Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday's a Bitch

(Link in blogroll)
Random Joy, Celebrity Series

1. If you had to have your hands replaced with inanimate objects (in an "Edward Scissorhands" sort of way) what would you want them to be?
My first thought was 'magnets' but that wouldn't be good with computers, would it? Now I can't think of anything else. I like my hands: they rarely do me wrong. I'd like to have strong wrists to withstand the punishment they receive from all my keyboard use.
2. How do you deal with pain? Do you grin and bear it, or are you more of a Cry-Baby?
Depends on the 'texture' of the pain. I can be a real cry-baby about some pain; in fact, about most pain. However, the worse the pain, and the smaller the audience, the less acting out I do. And some things you just have to get through.
3. If you could have found your own personal Neverland as a child, what do you think that fantasy world would have been like?
I don't think there would have been pirates! :-) There definitely would have been lots and lots of clothes. I loved clothes as a child, probably because my mom made so many (dorky) thing for me and I work so many hand-me-downs. It also would have had lots of (nice) kids to play with, since there were virtually no children in my neighborhood when I was a kid. The ones there were either I didn't like or my parents didn't like. Uh...loads of games, loads of music, loads of snow-cones (I used to LOVE those!), and of course room after room of books.
4. What's your favourite kind of chocolate?
'Tis the season...for Cadbury Cream Eggs!
5. Describe your last day from Hell.
Two weeks ago today I was on my way to visit my brother-in-law in the hospital. It's a 300-mile round trip (I never thought of it that way). Sparky and I left just before 9, arrived at the hospital around 11:30. We stayed about 90 minutes (at most), stopped at the hospital cafeteria for lunch--remarkably good food!--and then stopped for 15 minutes at an outlet mall. It was snowing when we left the mall. Five hours later we were finally able to pull into a Taco Bell to use the bathrooms and grab some dinner before the final 30-minute drive home. The weather, the drivers, the traffic, the roads...Fucked.
Meanwhile, Beast received a call from his mom, dad and brother that afternoon letting him know that 1) Mom has terminal lung cancer, and 2) Dad can be released from the hospital as soon as they install a permanent dialysis port.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.