Monday, September 10, 2007

Curious as a Cat

(Link at left)

1) What is one aspect that you think is common to all religions?
Proof that we (humans) need community/global structure and myth as much as we need air and water.
2) If you could own one prop for any film, what would you choose? Why?
Columbia's red, white, and blue top hat from RHPS.
To be honest, I have no desire for anything from any movie, with the exception of some of the characterizations!
3) What do you think of other people, generally?
Depends on the day: some days they are wonderful and important and save me from losing my mind, while other days I just want them all to go far away. Or I could go far away. I have Greta Garbo issues, basically.

Overall, though, I think people are an endless source of amusement, however, and I really wouldn't want to live on a deserted island.
4) What is the best single piece of advice you ever received?
After I announced Beast's and my engagement, my sister wrote and told me never to argue about sex or money after we got married. There've been some really intense discussions and negotiations, however!

And somewhere early in the adventure of motherhood someone told me (or I read) that we needed to do what we think is right by our kid regardless of what everyone else says. "Trust yourself." It's good advice for parenting, and in quite a lot of other arenas as well.

I am the (mostly unwilling) recipient of tons of advice from everyone, so as a rule, I tend not to listen to it, probably to my detriment.
5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
I do think outer space is very pretty. My niece is an astrophysicist, so she can tell you all sorts of cool facts about space, but mostly we just talk about how lovely it is 'out there.'

And then there is my first reaction this morning:
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before. [wooweeewaaah, wah wah wah wah-wah....]
(mind you, I did that from memory...freehand, no copying--I am la geek)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.