Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Five

August 18, 2006

1. Do you really make wishes when you blow out the candles on your cake?
Actually, I usually have pie on my birthday, so no candles. I do some kind of vague "I hope..." more than a wish. I gave up on wishing awhile ago.
2. Have any of the wishes ever come true, if yes?
Nope. Well, kinda. I don't really remember what I used to wish for when I was a little kid, though, so who knows...?
3. How do you feel about birthdays? (e.g., love the attention, just another day, don't want anyone to know my real age, etc.)
I like the attention--and gifties!--but I don't usually make an announcement when I walk into work on my birthday. Yes, I work on my birthday most of the time. However, my birthday is on a Sunday this year, and I'm scheduled to work. I've already said there's no way I'm doing that! As for my real age, I don't care: I'm 42-almost-43, ok? I'll always be the youngest in my generation (my sibs are all way older than me), and I'm never going to be 25 again. {shrug}
4. Tell us a favorite gift you've received, or something you'd really like for your next birthday.
I've reached the point where I never know what to ask for on birthdays because there's really nothing I need, and if I want something I generally go buy it. So it's complicated.
There have been lots of good gifts over the years: cowboy boots and a hat when I was in high school, a tennis racket, a trip (ok, it was a short trip)...
5. What flavor cake?
White cake with white, wedding-cake style frosting. LOTS of frosting!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.