Friday, August 18, 2006

Five on Friday

Return to Sender

1. How often do your letters/cards come back to you?
Not often. I try to get the minimum-required postage on a letter when I send it, at least. I just sent a bunch of cards out this week (with last spring's photos of Sparky enclosed--VERY late!) and none of them have come back, in spite of guessing on the weight of a couple of them.
2. If you buy something that turns out to be defective or broken, how likely are you to return it to the store or manufacturer?
This is entirely dependent on the cost. Whether I received it as a gift is factored in as well. Frankly, if it's something that I spent more than about $30 on, I will return it. Otherwise, it's probably not worth my time or the postage/gas mileage I'd spend chasing down the receipt(s) and so forth. Having said that, I have a pretty long memory about things that break, and I won't be buying that brand again.

Speaking of which, we're looking at a buying a new TV--our current one starts out with everyone being green for 10 minutes or so. This has been happening for about 6 months and of late that Green Period has lengthened to 20 minutes at times. VERY annoying. Any suggestions??
3. Describe your own personal "return policy" for items you've purchased or received as gifts.
Well, I kinda got into it up above. I try to get things back to the store ASAP before I lose the receipt. Last Christmas was the first year I saved receipts on gifts in a coherent manner. It also turned out to be the first time I needed to find a receipt! A gift card I'd purchased had $0 on it when the receiver tried to use it the first time.
4. When you borrow library books, do you return then on time?
LMAO.
I have four overdue books right now. I've started two of them. In the meantime, I finished two others. I guess I should make a decision on finishing the two bookmarked ones.

I'm hopeless about getting books back on time: there's no disincentive for me since I don't pay fines. Oh, joy, the perks of working in a library!
5. What is your opinion on Elvis? Do you think he's really dead?
Yes. Of course he is.

I recently read a novel in which it was mentioned, in passing, that he was actually a vampire, and that's why people keep spotting him, looking much like he did in 1977. Cracked me up.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.